PC Hardware forum

General discussion

bluetooth headphones

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: bluetooth headphones
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: bluetooth headphones
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
iffy. Here's why.

In reply to: bluetooth headphones

Those appear to be one of those setups that are paired at the factory. What's pairing? Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

If the unit has some passcode and we don't know it then you can't use these.

Bob

Collapse -
Pairing

In reply to: iffy. Here's why.

Ok. So does that mean I would have to buy a pair of bluetooth headphones that don't come with a proprietary receiver? Can you recommend any?

Collapse -
I'd get the USB Bluetooth dongle. Why?

In reply to: Pairing

It's dirt cheap from newegg.com, geeks.com and many other places. Then you'd be able to answer this question of pairing.

I don't current advise or recommend any bluetooth headsets since this area is full of support issues. Microsoft didn't include such support in XP natively so you see hit and miss success stories.

As to how to get it to work try researching Skype use first. I decline from duplicating web content here but can point you in the direction to look into.

http://www.geeks.com/products_sc.asp?cat=643

(I have a wavebuddy, works...)

Bob

Collapse -
My reading into this is that....

In reply to: Pairing

the pairing can be deleted by either device so that a different pairing can be created again (I maybe mistake here though).

Collapse -
Just a tid bit.

In reply to: My reading into this is that....

I think the default passcode for pairing is "0000", just in case.

~Ibrahim~

Collapse -
How?

In reply to: Just a tid bit.

I bought this bluetooth usb adapter http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Belkin-Bluetooth-USB-Adapter-F8T012-1/sem/rpsm/oid/177269/catOid/-12980/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do . I downloaded the latest software from belkins website. I then turned on my headphones. The light stays red on the headphones because it is supposed to turn blue when it connected with the original receiver that came with it(Remember it's broken). When I do a search for bluetooth devices with the belkin software it does not find the headphones(red ight). How do I pair it with the usb adapter. Or is the adapter I bought not a good one.

Collapse -
Do the headphones have a button?

In reply to: How?

Do the headphones have a button anywhere? I find that you have to be pressing and holding that button to make it visible to other bluetooth devices. Hold it and try searching again.

They're fully charged, right?

~Ibrahim~

Collapse -
Yes

In reply to: Do the headphones have a button?

The button is what turns on the headphones and has the indicator light on red at first before it receives a signal from the receiver to turn blue. Holding it also turns of the indicator light.

Collapse -
I grabbed this from Logitech's forum:

In reply to: Yes

"All you need to do is press and hold the on/ off button on the headset for 10 seconds and it will start blinking in alternate red/ blue. Then start searching and you will find the headset."

Try the Reset button, too.

~Ibrahim~

Collapse -
Same thing

In reply to: I grabbed this from Logitech's forum:

It is not alternating between red/blue. Plus it turns off holding it down before ten seconds can even come.

Collapse -
Weird.

In reply to: Same thing

Is it fully charged?

~Ibrahim~

Collapse -
No

In reply to: Weird.

I will let you know what happens when it is. I could just not be doing it right!

Collapse -
Another common pair code is "1234"

In reply to: Just a tid bit.

Between these I usually get lucky. But those odd devices that can't pair leave some owners cold.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.