by Cucobr / January 27, 2014 12:15 AM PST

Hello to everyone!

PC
--------------

CPU: Intel i5 750 @stock
GPU: ZOTAC Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 Amp! Edition @stock
MoBo: Intel DP55WB
Sound: Asus Xonar DS
RAM: 4 x Markvision 4 GB DDR3 1333 @stock (16 GB total)
PSU: Seventeam 650W
HDD: 1T Seagate

TEMPERATURES
--------------

Both, CPU and GPU, are OK.

DRIVERS AND UPDATES
--------------

GPU Driver: 332.21 (updated!)
GPU BIOS: 80.10.3A.00.0C (not updated)
MoBo: BIOS updated!
Saound: 8.0.8.1815 (updated!)

THE PROBLEM
--------------

I am getting many BlueScreen when the PC comes out of Idle.
I leave my PC on and I go out to lunch, or do anything else. With that my monitor turns off itself after 20 minutes and the windows starts doing automatic maintenance and etc.
When I comes back and uses the mouse to turn on the monitor again, I see the initial windows screen (screen to put your password and username). I mean, the PC restarted itself. BlueScreen happened and it restart itself after.

I have several games installed on my PC (Battlefield 4, Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider ...) and BlueScreen never happened when I played them. Are games that require a lot of PC and still no BlueScreen.

BlueScreen only happens when I stop playing and let my PC in Idle. Or, sometimes, I go back to using PC, I see that it did not restart, but a few seconds later, appears bluescreen and it restarts.

BLUESCREENS
--------------

I formatted the PC. Because I thought I could solve, so I only have 4 reports to show

http://imageshack.com/a/img839/1402/gyaj.jpg
<div>

MINIDUMP FILES
--------------

http://rapidshare.com/share/2BBAF4F3CD2A58F6F2DE1618D9000931

I uploaded 4 file .zip named with date and time to match with the image.

TRYING TO FIND THE PROBLEM
--------------

> Memtest86+ e Memtest86
I downloaded Memtest86 and Memtest86 + program. Unable to complete 1 cycle of tests without the PC restarted itseld during program execution. I tried one memory at a time, tried in pairs, but even so the PC restarts itseld a few minutes later. I thought it could be 16 GB (4 x 4GB) memory Markvision who had recently purchased, so I put 6 GB (3 x 2GB) Kingston memory but still the PC restarts by itself after a few minutes of running program. Not appear that red list of corrupted memory, the PC just restarts. Both in normal mode as in FAIL SAFE.

> Windows Memory Diagnostic
The program ran normally and showed no problem.

> HD Tune Pro
Using this program, in the Health tab, this appears:

http://imageshack.com/a/img12/2630/tv6d.jpg

--------------
--------------

Anyone have any idea what can be? If you need any further information, please just talk. I will try to provide as quickly as possible.
</div>

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BlueScreen happening when my PC is in Idle
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BlueScreen happening when my PC is in Idle
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 27, 2014 12:18 AM PST
Collapse -
by Cucobr / January 27, 2014 4:34 AM PST
In reply to: Try.

I see. But I only have the Windows Defender that comes with Win 8.1...

Collapse -
Then a nod to
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 27, 2014 4:39 AM PST
In reply to: ..

SATA cable and if that doesn't help start asking the maker/suppliers what they want back.

Yes it could be some old motherboard with an out of date BIOS showing you why they updated the BIOS.
Bob

Collapse -
by Cucobr / January 27, 2014 7:13 AM PST
In reply to: Then a nod to

I unplugged my HDD and I actually ran memtest86+ without any errors for more than a hour.

What I did? Now I plugged another SATA cable in my HDD and plugged the cable in another slot in motherboard.

I'll try this. If this not work, I'll try change the HDD

Collapse -
I'm taking your word on all the above.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 27, 2014 7:24 AM PST
In reply to: ..

While it smells of overclocking or BIOS issues I can't watch your every move so I'll keep to what's here as a clue. Windows does react badly on a failed disk read at times. Most often a BSOD and it may not get the error right and call it bad ram when all it was was a bad read from the swap file.
Bob

Collapse -
I realize this is windows, but....in Linux
by James Denison / January 27, 2014 8:45 AM PST

we learn the swap file must be at least as large as the RAM installed. In windows that's called a pagefile. Windows has a setting to allow it to manage the page file, but it's possible it's been limited to less than the size of the RAM. What happens in Linux when in "idle" or what is usually called "sleep" and "hibernation" is what's in RAM gets written into the swapfile so when it comes out of either it can be right back where it left off. Just to be sure that's not interfering, check your pagefile setting.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?