Question

Blueray DVD drive wont open

Ok first off the cops had my machine for just over a year got it back and everything seemed fine with it till i tried to use the 2 dvd drives both had lights that would come on both showing in control panel my computer, but yet when i push the button the trays would not open.

I have checked the leads and they are fine, they show up with no problems in bios and in device manager, and i know its not the leads as i replaced one of the drives for another like for like and it works fine.

So with the blueray that will not open up i have used the pin hole and checked that there is no cd inside of it, and its empty yet pushing the button there is no sound at all only the light comes on.

I have also replaced my PSU for a stronger one just incase and that works fine for everything apart from opening the tray.

what can i do to get it working as it was not a cheap drive when i got it and dont cant afford to replace it for another blueray one

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Blueray DVD drive wont open
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Blueray DVD drive wont open
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Did you try just the power connection and tap the eject?

Yes I read your post. This is just to be sure. If asking is not allowed, tell the forum to save folk from asking.

I can't find the make and model number so I can't check if anyone has had this issue. Maybe I missed it.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Here's a test.

If the drive is out of warranty, disassemble it to where you can get an Ohm meter on the eject switch. Then with the Ohm meter across the switch press the button and see if you get a near zero Ohm reading.
Bob

- Collapse -
thanks

took it to a local pc shop in the end who tested it for me to find they belive to have blown from a power surge so have ordered a new one thanks anyway guys

- Collapse -
Re: drive

Two days ago you said you couldn't afford to replace it. And now you say you're replacing it.
Let's hope it's not too expensive.

Kees

- Collapse -
new

Nope since i got that one, i checked online and cheap ones are only now like 40 quid so its not too bad

CNET Forums