Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Blue screen question

by Kiriakos / August 13, 2005 2:58 AM PDT

I get from time to time the following blue screen messages:
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
and
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If I reboot the computer, my system HD is not recognized, but if I unplug the machine and then reboot everything works OK until the next incident.

Anyone can help me as to what these mean?
Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Blue screen question
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Blue screen question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Google is your friend
by Yew / August 13, 2005 3:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Blue screen question

A quick search of using DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL as the search phrase came up with many, many different sites dealing with possible causes and solutions to that problem. I have little doubt the same could be done for the other.

Not to be overly rude or elitest sounding, but you should try to help yourself before expecting others to help you. In the time you spent making this post, you could have searched Google and found answers. You could have searched these forums and probably found answers as well. Every problem you have is likely not a unique one. Using search tools, like Google, will often net some results. If you don't find anything, that would be a good time to come here.

Collapse -
Re Yewananchors
by Daviddude / August 13, 2005 3:12 AM PDT
In reply to: Google is your friend

YOU DO SOUND COMPLETELY RUDE AND ELITEST ... This site is here (thank you site founders for putting and maintaining) to help other users.

You should have stopped your post at try google, you wouldn't have sounded as bad as you did.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) David, I appreciate your standing up for me
by Kiriakos / August 13, 2005 3:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Re Yewananchors
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) No Problem
by Daviddude / August 13, 2005 3:26 AM PDT
Collapse -
Well...
by Yew / August 13, 2005 5:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Re Yewananchors

When you see people doing the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again, it tends to be like nails on a chalkboard.

Besides, I COULD have just said the person was an idiot and left it at that. I could have just fixed the problem and left it at that. In the former case, that'd be flatly rude, and in the latter case, the person hasn't learned anything. Think about it, if I'm in the business of tech support, I could stand to profit substantially by keeping people ignorant of how I fix things. What better job security could you want, besides being one of only a small handful of people who can perform some given task? I'm trying to give people the basic skills to perform some of the more routine problem solving on their own. The motivation is a selfish one, I like the intellectual challenge of less common problems, but what does that really matter to anyone else?

No one's interests are served by people repeatedly asking the same questions over and over again. It annoys those of us with the knowledge, and wastes the time of those seeking that knowledge. Lose-lose all around. So if it is your perception that I'm only seeking to be rude and elitest, maybe you should change your perceptions so that you look more to the content than the presentation. Don't know about anyone else, but that philosophy has probably saved me a small fortune by making me less influenced by advertising.

Collapse -
What the forums are for
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 13, 2005 5:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Well...

Nobody minds a gentle nudge here and there to other resources like Google, but for many people something like a blue screen is pretty worrying, (they scare me to death), and perhaps their need is for reassurance and personal advice.

That's what these forums are here for.

Mark

Collapse -
and the key word is......
by jonah jones / August 13, 2005 5:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Well...
people repeatedly asking the same questions over and over again...

the person who asked the question asked it for the first time...

a suggetion for you, if the answer to a question (even if asked for the 1000th time..is within your knowledge base, you have two choices, post it or not, but to belittle people and be rude is no answer at all

Collapse -
to Markflax & Jonah
by Daviddude / August 14, 2005 1:18 AM PDT

It takes all kinds of people to make this world go around. Unfortunately that means Good and Bad.

Happy

Peace Guys

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks for your time(NT)
by Kiriakos / August 13, 2005 3:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Google is your friend

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!