PC Hardware forum

General discussion

blue screen page_fault_in_nonpage_area

by vera kofler / September 1, 2004 10:04 PM PDT

have windows XP service pack1
AMD Athlon (tm processor)
851MHZ
384MB Ram
When using any registery cleaning software, and sometimes(not allways) when comp. has been shut down overnight (More then 10 hours),get blue screen,
stop:0x00000050 0xc97400000x00000000,0x80613378,x00000000

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: blue screen page_fault_in_nonpage_area
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: blue screen page_fault_in_nonpage_area
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: blue screen page_fault_in_nonpage_area
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 1, 2004 10:15 PM PDT

At that age, I'd swap out the power supply with a bigger one, inspect the motherboard for crowned/swollen/leaking capacitors and make sure the CPU fan is running well and no dust on the CPU heatsink. It does not matter if the unit was off 10 hours...

I'd also make the test noted at http://www.memtest86.com

Bob

Collapse -
by vera kofler / September 1, 2004 10:42 PM PDT

have a brand new power supply 350mgh all my comp problems began when the old one crashed after a kick from my grandchild

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 1, 2004 10:48 PM PDT

A problem with some 350 Watt PSUs is that not all were Atlon rated.

How did the capacitor and heatsink inspection turn out?

Bob

Collapse -
by vera kofler / September 1, 2004 11:12 PM PDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The license associated with the Belarc Advisor product allows for free personal use only. Use on multiple PCs in a corporate, educational, military or government installation is prohibited. See the license agreement for details. The information on this page was created locally on your PC by the Belarc Advisor. Your computer profile was not sent to a web server. Click here for more info.

About Belarc

PC Management Products

Your Privacy

In page Links:

Installed Hotfixes

Software Licenses

Software Versions

Computer Profile Summary
Computer Name: Blackeye-29tbnn (in GRUPO_TRABAJO)
Profile Date: jueves, 02 de septiembre de 2004 9:06:44
Advisor Version: 6.1f
Windows Logon: Vera

Click here for Belarc's PC Management products, for large and small companies.

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (build 2600) VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8363
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
850 megahertz AMD Athlon
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: 8363-686A
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG 09/12/2001
Drives Memory Modules c,d
45,70 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
33,41 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8240B [CD-ROM drive]
Unidad de disquete [Floppy drive]

Maxtor 2F030L0 [Hard drive] (30,75 GB) -- drive 0, s/n F188TP8E, rev VAM51JJ0, SMART Status: Healthy
Maxtor 2R015H1 [Hard drive] (15,00 GB) -- drive 1, s/n R1A406FC, rev EAH41MF0, SMART Status: Healthy 384 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'BANK_0' has 128 MB
Slot 'BANK_1' has 128 MB
Slot 'BANK_2' has 128 MB
Slot 'BANK_3' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (on drive 0) 30,73 GB 27,41 GB free
d: (on drive 1) 11,83 GB 3,30 GB free
e: (on drive 1) 3,14 GB 2,70 GB free

Network Drives
None detected
Users Printers
local user accounts last logon
Vera 02/09/2004 6:56:30 (admin)
local system accounts
Administrador never (admin)
Asistente de ayuda never
Invitado never
SUPPORT_388945a0 never

Marks a disabled account; Marks a locked account EPSON Stylus C43 Series on USB001

Controllers Display
Controlador est

Collapse -
This is the PC Hardware forum.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 1, 2004 11:28 PM PDT

If you suspect a software issue, be sure to select a matching forum.

Just to repeat...

How did the inspection of the motherboard capacitors and the CPU heatsink go?

Bob

Collapse -
Re: This is the PC Hardware forum. I know where I am
by vera kofler / September 1, 2004 11:34 PM PDT

now I do not understand anything. I sent you everything about my comp. And you allways suspect about a hardware, only read all you posted to me, and now you are telling me about a software problem,

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 1, 2004 11:53 PM PDT
Collapse -
by vera kofler / September 2, 2004 12:06 AM PDT

REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND A THING OF WHAT YOU POSTED, ARE YOU ANGRY?

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 2, 2004 12:23 AM PDT

PC issues come from software and hardware issues. Since you posted in the PC Hardware Forum and the initial issue can be a hardware issue, I offered links to pictures of what to look for.

If you can't inspect the machine for these issues, then you may need to let a PC Repair shop do this for you.

I'm not upset at all. You and I are working on your issue. What I hope you do is to look at the links and pictures to gain new understanding of what your PC is made of, what the names of the parts are and what to look for.

If you want to pursue software issues, then you should post in a software related forum. Be sure to tell a story and why you suspect it to be a software issue.

Bob

Collapse -
by vera kofler / September 2, 2004 12:39 AM PDT

thank you very much, first I do not understand your UK codes I am from southam

Collapse -
by nish22 / December 5, 2004 5:16 AM PST

I have a similar problem. I left my computer on standby the other night and when I turned it back on, it went to the first screen that pops up when you start your computer (where you can enter bios setup) and trys to identify the IDE devices. Right then, I could hear one of my hard drive (one with OS on it) clicking and not doing anything else. The motherboard did recognize both hard drives. I went into BIOS to make sure everthing was set up right; which it was. I performed a Die Hard BIOS, by switching some jumper pins so I could run with 2nd Bios rom, but that didnt work either. I also tried to put a WIN2K cd to see if I could fix any corrupted file, but I could not get in with that hard drive. A blue screen came stating, "A problem has occurred and windows will be shuting down to prevent damage to you computer. Problem file PARTMGR.sys
Page_fault_in_nonpage_area and a bunch of other stuff (hex address)
If did say at the bottom: PARTMGR.sys - Add F7AB84AB base at F7AB6000.

I then disconnect that hard drive (Western Digital) and left my Maxtor connected (This one does NOT have an OS on it). It went into detection DCHP/ and then booted from the CD rom - Windows 2000 setup. I need the data on this hard drive, and was not able to create another partition. So from what I can conclude is that the Western Ditigal HD has a problem or some boot sector files are messed up. What can I do??? I need the data on this HD too. Also this hard drive has 2 partitions. 40GB for Windows 2000 OS and 70GB for data. Please help me

Collapse -
For nish22. Research about a KNOPPIX CD.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 5, 2004 5:22 AM PST

With a KNOPPIX CD you could retrieve the files you can't lose.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: For nish22. Research about a KNOPPIX CD.
by nish22 / December 5, 2004 5:45 AM PST

Any sites you know of where I can download it for free and burn a CD?

Collapse -
[/b]Re: For nish22. [b]Research[/b] about a KNOPPIX CD.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 5, 2004 5:58 AM PST

Such is all too easy by typing KNOPPIX on google.com

It is free.

bob

Collapse -
by billzhills / September 2, 2004 4:50 AM PDT

Been following yours and Bob's posts.

First suspect on random shut downs is hardware.
Internal Tempature (heat), Devices, and Motherboard.
After these items are checked you move on to software.

If information to prevent unnecessary charges was your goal of this post..... hang on

Tower getting knocked (kicked) over by a kid, bad news.

Tower kicked by kid I would have to check ->
CPU fan and heat sink.
CPU/Case fans.
CPU/Memory chips.
Ribbon Cables.
Motherboard damage.
Motherboard position on stands.
Hard Drive diagonsis.
(meaning that H/D's do not like to be droped)

>>New Power Supply <<
I would also ask myself..
What happened to old power supply?
(meaning what shorted internally)
What did it short?
(power surge to other components)

Basically every component inside the tower
has to be checked.

Use this web site,
http://nightflight.com/foldoc/
If your Tech cannot use plain words to explain what
He has found.
------------------------------------
Also I ave a major fear of registery cleaning software.
The registery cleaning software may be part of your problem. And should be posted w/software. Each of us haunts a forum that we are good at and wish to get better at.

Hope this helps
Bill

Collapse -
by vera kofler / September 2, 2004 9:40 PM PDT

I read other posts in this forum and there are two disadventages for me, first its English (its not my first language) second I have no idea of comp. its only that I want to know more and learn I can tell you I have the same attitude whith other issues. I do not see anything wrong about having more knowledge and therefor prevent extra charges.
well today when I opened My PC I got a long beep and nothing more happend, I shut the PC mannualy down then tried again and this time it worked.

Collapse -
Re: blue screen page_fault_in_nonpage_area 00000050
by vera kofler / September 6, 2004 12:55 AM PDT

last saterday, a person who knows a great deal about comp came to overlook my comp thouroughly and didn't find anything wrong he even opened the box, the only thing he said is that I have FAT32 whith XP and the problem should bee there because XP runs with INFT and that means to formate the comp to thouse files. Do you think that could be the hole problem?

Collapse -
In no uncertain words. "NO!"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2004 1:08 AM PDT

XP will run on FAT as well as NTFS.

This is not the cause of your issue.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: In no uncertain words. "NO!"
by vera kofler / September 6, 2004 1:21 AM PDT

thank you very much for your answere will have to go on surching

Collapse -
Re: In no uncertain words. "NO!"
by vera kofler / September 6, 2004 11:27 AM PDT

this comp had windows 98 with NTFS files and was changed to XP whith FAT32

Collapse -
That's odd!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2004 11:35 AM PDT

"This comp had windows 98 with NTFS files and was changed to XP whith FAT32"

Windows 98 can't boot from or use a partition in NTFS. So something is amiss.

However, this has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: That's odd! blue screen again win 32 k sys
by vera kofler / September 6, 2004 8:35 PM PDT
In reply to: That's odd!

got the same blue screen this morning after the comp had been shut down over night, didn,t open anything when it was ready, the blue screen came and its the same failiure Non page fault then it says possibly win 32 K SYS and then 0x00000070
could it be a worm?
I googled, I feel I'm bothering too much, even have been looking for spanish forum didn' find anything as goog as yours
thank you

Collapse -
Re: That's odd! blue screen again win 32 k sys
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2004 10:10 PM PDT

I think I've asked you to visually look at the motherboard capacitors. If not, look to see if any are CROWNED, BULGING or LEAKING.

If you don't, then seek help to do this.

Keep in mind you posted in the HARDWARE FORUM. If you feel you have a software issue, post in the software forum.

Bob

Collapse -
re: blue screen page_fault_in_nonpage_area
by mgminfo / July 6, 2005 8:59 AM PDT

I have found the same problem on a 2.8 Intel with XP SP2.
First of all, i must said that this is not a software problem. I tried changing the Hard Disk for a new one, with XP reinstalled and i also have the same problem. I also checked the memory, i changed it for a new one, and i still have the same problem.
I don?t think that changing the power supply could work. English is not my first language, so may be i missunderstood something, but i think this could be a problem of the mainboard. May be it has something broken despite the computer hasn't been kicked.
I have the same problem. When turning on the comp after a long time i got the same windows error. But i also have some errors. I got a message before windows start: something like cheksum error. I have also tried a clear Cmos but it didn?t work, so please if some one think that could help me i would be very pleassed.

Collapse -
along with BAD_POOL_CALLER and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
by Enochs / November 17, 2005 10:38 PM PST

I have received the same PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE error message along with BAD_POOL_CALLER and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors. So far I haven't found any definitive cause for any of the errors. The most likely causes that I can find are: overheated CPU, bad RAM, bad power supply, video adapter, or possibly the order that the IDE drives are hooked up.

Does anyone have a way to narrow down the options any?

Dell Deminsion 4550
Pentium 4 2.8 GHz
1GB RAM
120GB Seagate HD
XP Pro w/SP2

I have updated the BIOS

Collapse -
along with BAD_POOL_CALLER and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
by Enochs / November 17, 2005 10:42 PM PST

Have also checked the capacitors and they all appear to be normal

Collapse -
happens to me too.
by groceryheist / November 24, 2005 5:12 AM PST

I gots all those errors in my build. I also got a driver error until I got sp2 and new vid drivers. I think I might be running hot, escpecially in the hard drive its a 10k rpm W.D. sata. I think my cpu should be fine because its gotta mega lux cop sink and fan, except that it din come with silicon heet transfer pad like AMD says it should, but i gots some heat grease for free from the lab, cpu runs steady at 77 and up to 84, don't have temps on drive but I installed office and photoshop, and was working on primer when it chrashed, I touched it and it burnz.

Collapse -
Indications point toward video
by Enochs / November 24, 2005 11:49 PM PST
In reply to: happens to me too.

After replacing the RAM, increasing CPU cooling, and replacing the video card (all parts that I had laying around) it crashed again upon booting. I went to Display Propertied, Settings, Trouble Shoot, and turned off the hardware acceleration of the video card. Since then it hasn?t crashed. It?s only been a couple days, but before it was crashing two and three times a day. Turning off hardware acceleration of course defeats the point of the video card, but since this is my computer at work it isn?t a big deal. It still displays emails and Word documents just fine. I haven?t looked for updated video drivers yet, but that seems like the next logical step. I?ll let it run for a while longer just to make sure that it doesn?t crash again.

Collapse -
I'll try that.
by groceryheist / November 25, 2005 5:07 AM PST

Makes sense. What card/driver version you running? I am ATI 9600xt/ omega 10.6

Collapse -
Video cards
by Enochs / November 28, 2005 1:05 AM PST
In reply to: I'll try that.

In my case it didn't seem to matter, it crashed with either one that I tried, the original INVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 420 64MB and the GeForce FX 5600 256MB replacement.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.