Cost: $500 - $800.
As the title suggests, I'm in the market for a new laptop. I've bought two laptops in the past, and I was not happy with either purchase. So, I would like some advice.
What I desire:
1. Screen is MOST important feature. 15.4" or 16.3" and bright (should I look at LED?).
2. I HATE it when the laptop slows down and the fan turns on. I want to avoid computers that do this.
3. Durability. I am careful with my computers. Still, my last computer just stopped working for no apparent reason. I want something that will not spontaneously stop working in less than 3 years.
What I do NOT care about.
1. Battery life. I'm always near a plug.
2. Weight. I lift weights
3. Fancy Graphics or Sound cards. I don't use my laptop for gaming or watching movies really.
What I use the laptop for.
1. LaTeX (text editing)
2. Surfing the web
3. Reading PDF documents (this is why I want a nice screen).
Any suggestions you have -- general (like "look at Lenovo and avoid Acer") or specific (like "look at this computer <link>") -- would be very much appreciated.