Tablets forum

General discussion

Blue Screen After Installing Windows Updates?

I Have A Compaq Persario F 700 With A Clean Install Of Windows 7 sp1 Went To Update System And Now It Gets Stuck In Reboot and Displays A Blue Screen and Goes To Screen Saying Your Computer Did Not Shut Down Properly Please Restart With Options Safe mode ?safe Mode With Internet? Etc Etc!! Never Goes Past That Even Though Windows Tries To Open It Never Does!! But I Can Remove The Hard Drive Put It In My Desk Top And It Works Fine?? Can Anyone Shed Some Light On This Problem??
Thanks Tom.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Blue Screen After Installing Windows Updates?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Blue Screen After Installing Windows Updates?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Usually something forgotten?

In reply to: Blue Screen After Installing Windows Updates?

The clean install required updates, drivers and apps from HP. I'd start with the factory OS then update it.
Bob

Collapse -
Updates

In reply to: Usually something forgotten?

Thanks Bob Did That Twice First Time I Installed All Updates And It Crashed !! Second Time Only Installed Important Updates And So Far No! Problems!! Grin But I Was Told That Some Of The Optional Updates Could Be The Problem? Such As This Security Update KB 3045999 ? Is That Possible? Thanks Tom

Collapse -
Why yes you may see a crash after that one. Microsoft writes

In reply to: Updates

"Known issues with this security update

After you install this security update on x64-based versions of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 that have McAfee Data Loss Prevention Endpoint (DLP Endpoint) 9.3.x installed, some programs may intermittently not start. When the problem occurs, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000018). Click OK to close the application. "

So who's to point fingers at who's at fault here. I've given up hope for McAfee. I just clean that off and move to something else. Remember that McAfee's uninstall is incomplete. We have to hunt down their other removal and cleanup tool.
Bob

Collapse -
Well Now I Have Another Issue Bob!

In reply to: Why yes you may see a crash after that one. Microsoft writes

Now I Have No C/d Player? Disappeared? Gone? Have Any Ideas? Bob Thanks Tom

Collapse -
You said this is a clean install

Since that computer came with Vista installed, is this an install from an Upgrade disc or a Retail version of Win 7 ?
Did you get all of the drivers from HP ?
I see Bob asked that but you didn't clarify.
Digger

Collapse -
Yes! And Yes!

In reply to: You said this is a clean install

Also It Crashed Again!!!! Same Blue Screen Same Error Message!! This Has Me Stumped??
Could This In Any Way Be Caused By A Faulty Mother Board Problem?? Any Help Would Be Gratefully Appreciated. THANKS Tom

Collapse -
I still don't understand

In reply to: Yes! And Yes!

Maybe someone can decipher this for me ? Plain

Collapse -
OK! Here Is The Whole Story!!

In reply to: I still don't understand

Did a Clean Install Of Windows 7 On My Laptop and It Was Fine For About Three Days And After About 189 Updates It Would Not Start!! Went To Blue Screen Of Death With The Following Message: Blue Screen:Local ID 1033
BC Codes = A
BCP 1 ; 0000001c
2 ;00000002
3 ;00000001
4 ;8302571e
Stop : 0X0000000A
: 0X00000002
: 0X00000001
: 0X8302171e
: 0X8303571e
That's All The Information I Have On This Issue. Hope This Gives You An Idea Of What The Heck Is Going On. Thanks Tom P.s. Did A Clean Install For The Third Time Just Now!! I'll Keep Posting As This Progresses!!

Collapse -
OK, so it's not the HP Windows 7.

And the 700 is the SERIES so I can't check into if this needs a bios or other special treatment to run 7.

Thanks for the added detail but we'll need to find out what laptop this is, what BIOS version and more about this Windows 7.

Collapse -
OK i Will Get You More Info.

In reply to: OK, so it's not the HP Windows 7.

OK My Initial Post Was Compaq Persario F 700 Manufactured By HP. Also Now On The Third Clean Install I Only Downloaded Important Updates No Optional Updates And It's Running Fine So Far But Does NOT Recognize The C/D Drive? I Will Post BIOS Info Today!! Also I Have Done This UPGRADE On Several Of These Models And Never Had A Problem Like This One!! Thanks Tom.

Collapse -
Does NOT Recognize The C/D Drive?

In reply to: OK i Will Get You More Info.

Ouch. Now it's starting to read as if there are hardware issues. How did you get 7 on without that?

Collapse -
Worked Fine When Doing Install

In reply to: Does NOT Recognize The C/D Drive?

It Worked Fine 24hrs Ago showed Up In My Computer and Device Manager Then Disappeared!! OK Bios Version F.0A System Board 30EA UUID # 424E463830333750
4639001E680C1D20
Factory Installed OS VISTA
That's From Bios Screen!! Hope That Helps? Thanks Again Tom.

Collapse -
Is ths a retail version of 7

In reply to: Worked Fine When Doing Install

or a copy from a torrent site ?
Digger

Collapse -
Retail Copy

In reply to: Is ths a retail version of 7

Everyone Seems To Think It's Windows Compatibility Issue? After 3 reinstalls I Don't Believe So!! After Every large windows Update like 144 then it goes bad?? Any Ideas ?? Thanks Tom P.S. Could This Be Hardware Related? IE Mother Board??

Collapse -
Hard Ware Issues??

In reply to: Does NOT Recognize The C/D Drive?

Please Explain?? Could That Be Causing All This? Are You Saying That It Could Be The MotherBoard?? Thanks Tom.

Collapse -
Or it's not Windows 7 compatible.

In reply to: Hard Ware Issues??

I've run into a few that act weird with 7. Back to the factory OS for those. Off to see if I can decode which model this is. I know it's asking a lot but if we can't decode the exact model we have to nod and write incompatible with 7.

You also didn't answer my question about how you worked around no CD.

Collapse -
OK, I'm going with incompatible or broken.

In reply to: Hard Ware Issues??

Compaq Presario F700 (30EA) Notebook PC (AMD Processors)

This line is right up there with the dreaded dv6000/9000 line that has a lot of issues.

Install Vista and let it live.
Bob

Collapse -
OK If Thats The Case

In reply to: OK, I'm going with incompatible or broken.

By Installing Vista All My problems Will Be Gone? Including My C/D ?? Thanks Tom.

Collapse -
Well Bob Guess What Happened Today?

In reply to: OK, I'm going with incompatible or broken.

It Crashed For The Third Time!! Cry So I Called A Local Repair Shop That My Son's Friend Works At And He Said This Is A Known Problem With All HP and Compaq PC's
He Told Me To Take The Motherboard Out And Heat The Video Chip With A Hair Dryer For 10 To 15 Minutes Which I Did And Put It All Back Together and Wow It Works Fine So Far?? Even Have My C/d Player Back??? Imagine That?? Well Just Figured I'd Give You This Updated Info and Will Keep You Posted As To My Progress!! Thanks Again To All The People That Responded To My Post!! TOM.

Collapse -
That one

In reply to: Well Bob Guess What Happened Today?

Is a classic. However you can imagine no one warrants such a repair. Good to eek out more days but you can find out why and more on the web about this area.

Good luck,

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.