Samsung forum

General discussion

Blu Ray c6500 is stuck on the firmware update

by jstumpj / April 2, 2011 7:05 AM PDT

I started the update yesterday and the update appears "stuck". It continuously flashed "update" and when I do get to the main page it won't move-it says unit is not connected. I held the power switch down for a full minute and it will not turn off. What should I do? The sounds of it cycling woke us up all night!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Blu Ray c6500 is stuck on the firmware update
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Blu Ray c6500 is stuck on the firmware update
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hey
by my-tech / April 2, 2011 8:54 AM PDT

Was this over the network or USB ?

Collapse -
update not working
by jstumpj / April 2, 2011 9:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Hey

I stream wireless. I just talked with tech support and we were able to get it working partially. But there is no BD-Theater source and my playon software won't work on it. So I can't get to most of the things I watch through the bluray. The tech tried to tell me that I can't get Hulu because that is a TV issue and I should call TV tech support. It is not the TV. We watched Hulu through Playon software. The message says "anynet not connected" and I don't have a clue how to do that. I'm ready to send this back and buy a different brand. It is only 5 weeks old.

Collapse -
update not working
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 4, 2011 5:34 AM PDT
In reply to: update not working

jstumpj,

What are you connecting that is causing the 'Anynet+ Not Connected" message to appear in the screen? Most computer connections or other non-Samsung devices will not be Anynet+ connected.

--HDTech

Collapse -
C65000 firmware update
by nopaderf / April 2, 2011 9:55 AM PDT

I got the same message today. Everything was working fine before, even Netflix. Thought I would watch something and every time it tries to update but then says it does not match the model. I wish I could just shut the auto update off, because now I can not get to anything on the internet. very annoying.

Please Samsung fix this!

Collapse -
C65000 firmware update
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 4, 2011 5:33 AM PDT
In reply to: C65000 firmware update

nopaderf,

Have you tried updating using the USB drive method?

--HDTech

Collapse -
firmware screwed it
by unhappy2011 / April 2, 2011 11:15 AM PDT

I have the home theater C6500. Got it last year. The firmware update screwed it all up. I had the same issue where the unit would "hang" during download of update. Finally I downloaded it on USB and uploaded it to unit. Now the freakin thing constantly says "OPEN" on the digital face whenever I select either BD/DVD or ONLINE. I can't use the DVD player at all!! Nor can I use the online areas like NETFLIX or PANDORA, etc. I have reset the unit numerous times with the STOP button. I have also contacted SAMSUNG directly. They want me to send it to them at my expense. THEY'RE CRAPPY FIRMWARE UPDATE SCREWED IT UP.

Collapse -
firmware screwed it
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 4, 2011 5:35 AM PDT
In reply to: firmware screwed it

unhappy2011,

I'm sorry to hear this happened your Blu-ray player.

If you have a transaction number, please post it here and I'll see if I can have one of the managers review your case.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.