HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

Blu Ray Audio Sync problems. BDP1600 connected to LA55A950.

by brettwatchestelly / July 21, 2009 9:51 AM PDT

Hi,
I have a new BDP1600 player, connected via HDMI to Samsung LA55A950. No external amp involved. Both are new.

I seem to get variable audio sync problems, where the audio lags the picture. It is either VERY bad (2 seconds) to just bad (noticable, but watchable). I would have thought that two fairly new Samsung units would not have this issue. I have tries the BDp1600 on an LA46A950 also. Same problem. I have called support, and got the normal unplug the unit and plug back in.
Pressed the factory reset on the BD player. No luck.
I have tries to turn off as much processing as possible on the television. Nothing seems to work. Bought a new HDMI cable (v1.3 high speed). No luck.
Connected the unit to the television via Av Out, sync was fine but the picture was average.
Is this something that can be fixed with settings or am I stuck with new technology that just about works.
Its all a shame, as the picture is fantastic.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Blu Ray Audio Sync problems. BDP1600 connected to LA55A950.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Blu Ray Audio Sync problems. BDP1600 connected to LA55A950.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sync problem continued
by bdpeck / July 21, 2009 12:08 PM PDT

I too have a BD-P1600 hooked up via hdmi to a Pioneer VSX-1018 using the dedicated blu-ray hdmi input. I was playing Golden Compass and the sound lagged quite noticeably behind the video. I went into the audio setting on the bd player and took all compressions settings out and it helped a little, but it was always there. This only happened with full 7.1 sound. I played No Country for old men and had no issues at all.

When I plugged it in and did the firmware update as suggested I found little or no difference. I tried various settings of the video, trying 1080i (my projector doesn't support 1080p) and thought maybe it was my projector, but seeing you have the same issue direct to a flatscreen, I think the problem lies with the player device. I will be monitoring this thread to see if anyone has any brilliant ideas for this because I really like the unit. I'm surprise more people haven't posted reports on this.

Oh, and the unit wouldn't play Iron Man. It would sit at Play: 0000 forever and wouldn't load the media. I have seen other people having difficulty playing bd media, primarily Bedtime Stories where the same thing happens. I got Netflix working which was strike three, so I'm down to 2 strikes an 0 balls.

Collapse -
Sync problem continued
by bdwiseisjunk / July 21, 2009 2:53 PM PDT
In reply to: Sync problem continued

Try turning off the Movie Frame (24 Fs) option and power cycle the player. Report back on your results?

Collapse -
Movie Frame option
by bdpeck / July 21, 2009 8:56 PM PDT

Was never enabled. Thanks.

Collapse -
update
by bdpeck / July 22, 2009 7:50 AM PDT

I don't know if your widescreen will accept no down sampling, tho I did turn it off, as well as turning off dynamic compression. However, I did go into the display setup and played with those settings.
What I found was that enabling Movie Frame (24 Fs) and setting progressive mode to Video. Reset the device and I could hardly detect any sync issues. So, it may just be in your vid settings. I still can't get Iron Man to load. Hope this helps.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.