Phones forum

General discussion

Blackberry Curve (verizon) VS Iphone (AT&T)

I am having difficulty deciding which one would be the most useful, beneficial, and economical.

One factor is the service provider.I have been a loyal Verizon customer for years because the service has been so good, and I have had the least amount of problems with in comparison to Tmobile and Cingular. I also hear that Cingular has had many dropped calls in my area and service can sometimes be difficult.

On the other hand, compatibility is also important in terms of syncing. I have a Macbook Pro (just bought last year), and obviously, the Iphone would be the clear choice since it would have no issues with the sync. Yet, I know that there is software for the curve as well? (Missing sync or something)

My contract for Verizon will end by this month (July), so I am waiting on whether switching providers, and/or switching phones will help determine my choice. I have this feeling that because the new iphone is coming out, I am sure Verizon might bring in something to help combat this.

Any advice, comments, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Blackberry Curve (verizon) VS Iphone (AT&T)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Blackberry Curve (verizon) VS Iphone (AT&T)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I am having difficulty deciding

In reply to: Blackberry Curve (verizon) VS Iphone (AT&T)

I have the same issue. My Verizon contract is due the first of Sept. My Motorola V3M screen will intermittently go blank white. I am also considering the Verizon LG Dare as well as the Curve and IPhone. The demo on Apple.com for the Iphone is amazing, however waiting in line for a phone is not something I will consider. I due not believe my ITunes playlists will transfer to the other two phones. I may just have to keep carying the nano around. Trying to do a direct comparison when relating to cost has also been a challenge. Neither website will offer direct comparison to competition. AT&T and Verizon seem to have very similar costs. I hope someone can help with info to help us both.

Collapse -
Verizon vs AT&T

In reply to: Blackberry Curve (verizon) VS Iphone (AT&T)

We were in your same position- have 4 phones up for options. We looked closely at our options, and ultimately decided to remain with Verizon. My son chose the Blackberry Pearl- (on special for $99, $30.00 mos for unlimited web use, has text, pics messaging and everything, plus a simple free download to communicate seamlessly his mac-pro)
I have the Palm Treo- they have a version made for Mac's or PC's.
My daughter picked the Voyager as she doesn't like fingerprints all over her screen and the DARE looked wonderful, but is ONLY touch screen.
I may change to the DARE, or keep my treo as I can brouse the WEb, have power point, microsoft office and everything I could need on my phone. Battery lasts all week sometimes, phone quality in all of these is top notch- as well as the cameras. My other son hasn't decided yet, but also wants to stay with Verizon. With 5 cell phones- (No home lines), we do everything we want, surf the net, send thousands of textx and pics, and talk constantly and never pay more then $240, usually closer to $200- for 5 phones. That's $40.00 per phone- wonderful! My youngest has the EnV- she has another year before it's up- but she is VERY pleased with it.
I think the iphone has too much hype- I love Mac products and we are a Mac family, but Verizon products review by users just as high or higher!
There is SO much more on the horizon with Verizon with the upcoming LTE lines. Only thing missing is Wi-Fi, but my broadband works perfectly. I've been able to go on line when no one else could because there was no computer Wi-Fi, I just dialed in when we were in a remote area and access on-line connections. Paid for itself that day in an emergency!!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.