Question

Black vertical line on my 65 4K curved un65ks8500

So my Samsung has this problem and it tends to come and go. Is it the connectors for the screen on top behind the panel? Any input?
5CC21D6C-5B55-4F75-9784-3BDD09967ED3.jpeg

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: Black vertical line on my 65 4K curved un65ks8500
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Black vertical line on my 65 4K curved un65ks8500
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
You can only know by fixing it.

The image didn't show but it's a common failure but you can't know if it's connections or the panel. Hope it's in warranty because one of the awful things about curved panels is they are very fragile. There are articles about that.

If there is no warranty and you are into such repair, try the old unplug and plug of the connections.

- Collapse -
Out of warranty

Yea unfortunately it is out of warranty. Is there any how to’s to check these connections? And I’ll try to post the pic!

- Collapse -
The testing is with an Ohm meter.

There is no specific article about connection testing since it's the same as the past century. Basic continuity tests.

Besides all the TV techs I know start with the old unplug and plug it in to scrub the contacts and watch out for issues like the bent pin noted at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2_SZ4tfLns (fair warning, it's a video I keep handy as it's a problem you as the tech look for.)

CNET Forums

Forum Info