Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Black screen..wont boot..cant restore.. help

by smcsmca / July 16, 2010 7:39 AM PDT

Hello,

I have a Toshiba laptop (vista) when i turn it on everthing sound and seems ok the usual logos come up but it goes to a black screen before it even gets to the log in screen ... and stays like this for hours and hours and it wont boot !

I have attempted to restore by pressing F8 and going to advanced options , but when these options comes up and i press 'repair your computer' nothing happenes it just stays on the same screen... if i press any other options it just goes back to the black screen again !

I dont have no dics to restore it the only disc i received was a BIOS cd-rom disc which i dont know what this is ???

As my warranty is up i cant get no support from the company where i got my laptop ?

Can someone please help me or give me some advice please

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Black screen..wont boot..cant restore.. help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Black screen..wont boot..cant restore.. help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
No CDs and can't restore.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 16, 2010 7:47 AM PDT

This story has been discussed before. Either you order restore media (cheap) or decide if it's worth buying another OS License.
Bob

Collapse -
This comes from Toshiba site
by wb2001 / July 18, 2010 2:12 AM PDT
http://laptopforums.toshiba.com/t5/System-Recovery-and-Recovery/Recovery-media/m-p/9148#U9148

Recovery media
last edited on 06-17-2010 10:19 AM

All new Toshiba laptops ship from the factory with the ability to run the system recovery process from a hard disk partition, and software for creating recovery media is also bundled. Toshiba recommends creating recovery media to ensure the ability to run a system recovery even if the hard disk recovery partition is damaged or deleted, or if the hard disk breaks. Reconditioned laptops may not include this recovery enabling software so may require that recovery media be purchased.

DVD recovery media can be ordered online. Click here to begin the order process. There is no charge for the software itself, for which customers already own licenses, and as of 11/30/09 the shipping and handling charges for delivery of recovery media in the US is $24.95.

I got this in 2 minutes off their website.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.