TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Black screen JVC I art pro tv

by Anuraagii / March 11, 2007 11:59 AM PDT

Tv has inputs numbered 1 - 4 and add'l input labled "digital"
Have a digital cable box
TV is "HD" ready.
Have HDMI cord out of cable box into HDMI input on back of tv
Have component video cables out of back of cable box into YPbPr on back of tv.

Input 1 has sound for a minute then screen goes blue

Input 2 has sound and black screen

Inputs 3&4 don't come into play as they are dedicated to games and dvd which I disconnected.
Input "Digital" no sound, blue screen

I have WOW digital cable. When I use the interactive guide to channel to "HD" channels I get "Your TV doesn't support HDCP" and to utilize the YPbPr plugs which I am already doing

I have reset the cable box a bazillion times.
I have unplugged and replugged a bazillion times.

HELP!
Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Black screen JVC I art pro tv
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Black screen JVC I art pro tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
ANUR WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
by stewart norrie / March 11, 2007 12:15 PM PDT

Just remove your componit vidio cables h.d.m.i. is all you need. post back stewee

Collapse -
Black screen with sound
by Anuraagii / March 11, 2007 12:27 PM PDT

Well...it all worked fine until we re-wrapped the cords!
There are cables going to Input 1 Input 2 and HDMI. We are supposed to have analog on one input and digital on another..That's how the "cable guy" set it up..

Thanks for answering so quickly stew...
I did unplug everything but the HDMI and still the same black screen with sound. Sad

Plan B?

Collapse -
Black screen with sound
by Anuraagii / March 12, 2007 1:49 AM PDT

Stewee
Disconnected everything except HDMI. Nothing changed Sad

Collapse -
MR ANUR ANOTHER IDEA SO FAR IAM A LOSER HA HA
by stewart norrie / March 12, 2007 2:16 AM PDT

Go into the t.v. set up menue and find input labelingmake sure your inputs are turned on By the way how do you like your j.v.c. I almost bought there idla huge screen set a year ago beautiful stunning picture but I went with a Toshiba 72" d.l.p. set and am very happy with it steweee

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.