Question

Black screen: computer doesnt boot

Hello
like a week ago i went to start my computer and when it start it went into a black screen which say
"bios update compatible, Do not insert a cd or a floppy disk if you want to update from usb drive"
the computer was working fine, it just went in this stage from the night to the morning, is first time i see something like this.
Can someone help me solve this little puzzle!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Black screen: computer doesnt boot
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Black screen: computer doesnt boot
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Hello

Its all due to your bios settings is upset..resetup the setting and this problem will be resolve....

- Collapse -
(NT) And how would you do that from that black screen?
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: message

That's a rather strange message. In fact, it's unique. Google has never heard from it. Your post is the only one on the whole Internet that mentions it.

So I suppose it's some other message.

Kees

- Collapse -
There has to be something wrong with the wording in the original post regards the message, that makes mo sense.

- Collapse -
Whooops

No sense, but I assume you got the drift.

- Collapse -
nonsense

well i try to write the main thing it says, i will post the exact message, which wont be to different from this one.

- Collapse -
The Excact Message

Boot Block Compatible Ver .012
Please do NOT insert any disc into CD-ROM or floopy drive if you want to recovery with an USB device.
EZ-Flash starting BIOS update.....

This is the exact message and it has been there for over 3 hours and nothing happens,
Have anyone had this screen before?

- Collapse -
EX-Flash (the feature) is in the BIOS.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/302636-30-updating-bios-flash

OK. Look around for ANY device that is attached. CD/DVD/USB and all hard drives and after you power off, disconnect and unplug those.

The update should only be happening if the BIOS detected the update file on some device.

If not, you get to exchange the motherboard.
Bob
- Collapse -
the motherboard

could it be the motherboard that is dead?
in case i need to replace the motherboard will i have to install the system again?

- Collapse -
Re: motherboard

If you replace the motherboard with exactly the same model, everything will continue to work. But if you replace it with another type, you'll most likely have to do a completely clean install from the Windows disk.

Kees

- Collapse -
One question.

Did you try what I noted?

- Collapse -
i will try

i will try once i get home, am right now @ the hospital following up a fracture in my leg, but as soon as i get back i will let you know. I guess am kind of having bad luck lately, first the computer, then my leg, i don't know what next, lol

- Collapse -
I Think the same

well thats the same i was thinking, i google it and anything came up, i will take a pic and post exactly what it says.

CNET Forums