Question

Black Screen

Apr 30, 2012 12:55AM PDT

When i turn on my computer i just get a completely black screen and there isn't going any power out to the mouse or keyboard but there is light in the computer.

Please Help

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Black Screen
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Black Screen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
More Info needed
Apr 30, 2012 1:25AM PDT

Please list the make and model. The OS would help.

- Collapse -
OS
Apr 30, 2012 2:20AM PDT

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium. I bought the computer at a shop where they put the computers together themselves.

- Collapse -
Not much to work with
Apr 30, 2012 2:30AM PDT

Do you have a invoice with what came installed as far as the hard ware? Do you hear anything trying to spin up? Does the hard drive light blink on and off? Does the power light on the front panel light up? On the monitor do you have a blinking cursor in the top left corner? When you press the power button do you see a post (power on self test) message? Have you tried to enter BIOS?

- Collapse -
I forgot the most important question
Apr 30, 2012 2:31AM PDT

Did you call the shop you bought it from?

- Collapse -
Answer
Spammer hit this thread.
Jul 12, 2012 6:24AM PDT

Send an alert if you want to continue.

CNET Forums

Forum Info