Question

Black desktop after logging in

I am running windows 7 basic on an acer netbook and everytime I log on i get a desktop that is covered in black except for the application shortcut icons. Wehn i highlight areas of the desktop by draging the mouse over it it gets rid of the black. Its pretty annoying has anyone else had this problem? Also ive noticed as I type this my text is is being entered way after I type it in like one letter at a time very slowly.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Black desktop after logging in
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Black desktop after logging in
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) Do other accounts work?
- Collapse -
Answer
Are you using any UI editing software?

Like Windows Blinds or Desktop X? Also please check that your version of Windows is activated correctly by going into CMD.exe and typing slmgr -dlv and chekcing if it's activated an SKU or not...

CNET Forums