Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Bill Gates wishes he was not the world's richest man

by EdH / May 5, 2006 2:15 AM PDT
LINK

"I wish I wasn't. There is nothing good that comes out of that," said Gates, whose personal fortune sank by billions since last week when the software giant disappointed investors by saying new investments would crimp earnings.

Life is tough, ain't it? But the solution is obvious. GIVE IT ALL TO ME!!!! Or even half. I could get buy on that.
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Bill Gates wishes he was not the world's richest man
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Bill Gates wishes he was not the world's richest man
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hey! Save some for me too!
by Evie / May 5, 2006 2:46 AM PDT

What nonsense! Nothing good comes from that? How about that he CAN give billions to causes HE personally has an interest in?

Collapse -
He lives in a fish bowl....
by Angeline Booher / May 5, 2006 2:52 AM PDT

.... though he does not like publicity , and, let's face it, some resent his having such wealth (like M$ comments). They forget he is "also one of the biggest philanthropists."

But, like celebrities who complain about people bothering them in restaurants and on the streets, they would have not be bothered had they not gained that celebrity.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
I once saw a show on TV, and I've also read
by Dragon / May 5, 2006 10:47 AM PDT

a bit, about millionaires who could be living in your neighborhood, and nobody would know it. They live in modest houses, drive normal cars, often the same one for several years, "normal clothes" and stuff like that.

Out of Gate's billions, I would settle for one of them. Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) woops..I meant one million of those dollars
by Dragon / May 5, 2006 10:50 AM PDT
Collapse -
I thought you meant one of those billions...
by EdH / May 5, 2006 10:51 AM PDT

I want the one on the left in the back.

Collapse -
Who says Bill gates will be the world's richest man?????????
by BitterMite / March 10, 2016 6:52 AM PST

If there’s one lesson to be learned from the wealthiest investors in the world, it’s that there isn’t one definitive way to make your billions. Each of the world’s richest investors has their own distinct style. But there is one thing in common. They all amassed incredible fortunes by relying on instinct, acumen and information gathered by thorough research to become the richest and most successful investors in the world.

Promotional link removed by moderator.

Post was last edited on April 13, 2017 3:21 AM PDT

Collapse -
It generally means that they had rich parents
by Diana Forum moderator / March 10, 2016 9:16 AM PST

and built on that.

Collapse -
10 YEARS AGO
by James Denison / March 10, 2016 12:09 PM PST

maybe things have changed.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.