Samsung forum

General discussion

Bigger subtitles in new FW for Samsung series 7?

by Dusan_SLO / March 26, 2011 9:26 AM PDT

At the end of the 2010 I buy 50C7790.
The TV is excellent, but do not like some things. With the latest FW upgrade Slovenian is added to the menu translation, but did you forget to add Slovenia to other submenus where you can choose Slovene as the primary language for subtitles?
When watching digital channels I must again and again go to the menu (tools) to change the subtitle language. Another thing is the font size of subtitles when I play movies in MediaPlayer. Subtitles would have been easily be larger by at least 20 to 30%.

Is Samsung planned in the near future any adjustments in this direction? TV is really excellent, and these adjustments would only benefit him.

P.S. Sorry for little help from google translate Happy

Shorten:
- Will there bi bigger subtitles?
- will Samsung implement Slovenian to all other menus in future firmware release?

Thank You-

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Bigger subtitles in new FW for Samsung series 7?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Bigger subtitles in new FW for Samsung series 7?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Bigger subtitles in new FW for Samsung series 7?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 26, 2011 12:33 PM PDT
Is Samsung planned in the near future any adjustments in this direction? TV is really excellent, and these adjustments would only benefit him.

The subtitles only come in one size, as far as I'm aware. I don't believe that other language support will be added after the product is shipped. To know for sure, you need to contact the Samsung customer service center in your region.

--HDTech
Collapse -
I'm disappointed...
by kkolev / June 10, 2011 4:05 PM PDT

I'm really disappointed by Samsung for not making any change in subtitle size issue, that is so long being pointed by customers. So many firmware released in past 2 years for different B and C series TV and still subtitles are SMALL. TOO SMALL.
Shame on you Samsung.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.