HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

Question

Big Problem with my Samsung S2 GT-I9210t. Help?

by Dave85Au / April 24, 2013 9:14 PM PDT

Hi I have a Samsung galaxy 2 4g. It had a problem with water damage and I got it repaired at the shop, The next day I put my sim card in and nothing happened, when I took it back to the shop the guy told me that there was no IMEI number, I never modified my phone in any way.
Anyway I did a factory reset and now when my phone loads it is stuck on a black screen only displaying the top drop down bar, with the time, wifi, gps etc buttons.
There is no wallpaper displayed or bottom widgets, the home key doesn't bring up anything. I can log on to wifi and the keyboard works when i use the internet.
There are two notifications
1. Samsung update .. when i choose this it asks me what country I live in etc... and then it fails to verify
2. Set-up Samsung account... when I choose this it asks me if i would like to update. If i click yes nothing happens, if I click no nothing happens.

So basically I have a phone displaying the time wifi, gps, etc buttons.
No apps, wallpaper, Phone signal or anything

Can anyone help me with this?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Big Problem with my Samsung S2 GT-I9210t. Help?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Big Problem with my Samsung S2 GT-I9210t. Help?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Sadly with water damage
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 25, 2013 12:00 AM PDT

All bets are off. Since all parts are suspect let's hope you have some sort of extended warranty.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
9210t
by grinmaster / August 29, 2014 7:34 PM PDT

I had the same problem with my device recently, flashing the stk rom and getting the exact same results as your having..

this is a problem that flashing the rom software wont fix..

the problem lays across several other partitons on the device..
i still am in the process of fixing mine right now,,

so far i can tell you definate corruption lays on partitions 18 and 19 which are not used when flashing the rom..

flashing a 4.1.2 rom or higher will load up the desktop, and even though they dont have much service, flashing a [UCMC1] ATT OFFICIAL JB 4.1.2 modem fixed the fact my imei was gone and i no longer had the baseband unknown issues..

if you still have the device and want some help send me a msg and ill see what else i can do

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.