Samsung forum

Rant

Big issues with Galaxy S4 in less than a month

by senaba320 / June 28, 2013 8:03 AM PDT

I have always been an iPhone user but was very impressed by Galaxy S4 and decided to switch about a month ago. I have been regretting the decision every single day for the last 2 weeks. 3 weeks into using the new phone,suddenly all the sensors stopped working (accelerometer, light sensor, proximity sensor etc.). I did some basic troubleshooting and even did a factory reset but nothing worked which was strange as there was no physical damage since the phone was kept with utmost care. I then took my phone to my service provider (as I got it from them) and they redirected me to Samsung service center. I went there and told them about the problem. For what seemed like a hardware issue they kept on insisting that reinstalling the software would fix the problem; which for some reason took them 3 hours! Needless to say the sensors still didn't work after the reinstallation. The biggest shock came next.....I was told to leave the phone at the service center so the technicians could diagnose what the issue is and then decide if they need to repair/replace the unit which would take another 2-3 weeks!! Of course this was totally unacceptable since this is the only phone I have. Here's my point of view about the entire situation:
1) In this day and age how can someone tell me I need to be without a phone for almost a month unless they expect me to buy a new phone just so my one month old phone can be fixed?
2) While I am surprised with the major faults that the "Flagship Model" developed after 3 weeks of use, I'm shocked at the after sales service. As a customer I expect (and deserve) much better than this
3) Regardless of where I got my phone from (service provider or store) Samsung should take full ownership of the issue and either repair my phone within a reasonable time frame (NOT 5 days for diagnosis and 2-3 weeks for follow up) or provide an immediate replacement, no questions asked
I feel these are very reasonable asks from someone who thought was buying a premium product and supposedly the "best phone available in the market" but ended up with a phone that is no more than a large entry level phone with a better display since the features that I bought the phone for don't work!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Big issues with Galaxy S4 in less than a month
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Big issues with Galaxy S4 in less than a month
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Name names.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 28, 2013 9:26 AM PDT

In the USA I've yet to see Samsung sell this directly or have a counter with technicians. I wonder if this was some Bets Bye or other retailer. Name them.

Collapse -
Re: Names names
by senaba320 / June 28, 2013 12:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Name names.

Sorry. I should have mentioned this before since I know all customers are not treated the same and the level of customer service differs from country to country. I am actually based in Philippines

Collapse -
So no names?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 29, 2013 12:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Names names

In that case I suggest you just move to a full refund and shop elsewhere.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?