General discussion

Big Horn Sheep, Wyoming, and a Dam

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Big Horn Sheep, Wyoming, and a Dam
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Big Horn Sheep, Wyoming, and a Dam
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) One of several things maybe
- Collapse -
Oh, geesh...another errant click. Lets try again

Maybe one of several things

Recreation
Training
On a dare
Because they can
Because they can't resist
It's just in their genes

Their leader is stupid and the rest just follow him anyway. People do that too. Wink

- Collapse -
I'm with you, Steve, Because they can,.

and they can't go Nyah nyah na na na.

Rob

- Collapse -
Actually, I think it might have something more to do with

being safe from predators....whether done deliberately or by some genetic impulse.

- Collapse -
Easy, they do it...

to get to the top.

- Collapse -
Update... not the Buffalo Bil Dam
- Collapse -
another errant click.

A lot of that going around,

- Collapse -
good to know

I was wondering about the horns, didn't seem right.

- Collapse -
Looking for minerals?

That's my guess. Many animals go to great lengths to find certain minerals their bodies need, eg;
YouTube video, Nocturnal Highway - Elephant Cave.

Of course, them being Goats, (or Ibexes), they could just be showing off.

Mark

- Collapse -
(NT) Makes my palms sweat just to look. :-)
- Collapse -
I hope NASA is studying this...

I can see application in many planetary probes.

- Collapse -
It seems

Maybe it was already pointed out, that the pix are from other sources that the Wyoming Dam. Then to read the posts some people placed amounted to attacking or suggesting, what's the big deal. The website that makes the correction, gets hosed down it seems. the pix are themselves interesting but attributed from another source. Oh gee.... Why, they do it, its their nature as it seems part of the mountain, why not from point A to B. -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
You may be right.

Point A is down; point B is up. That simple.

CNET Forums

Forum Info