Samsung forum

General discussion

Bezel sticker Samsung please reply

by Lascivious1 / January 15, 2009 2:58 AM PST

I plan to purchase a 46"850
but i keep running across forums talking about missing sticker and if its a new or used model.
i read a post here hat had a tech respond and help with questions but never got to a final answer about the bezel sticker. here is the thread link.....
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?forumID=146&threadID=315481&start=0&tag=forum-w;forums06

it would be nice and most appreciated if we could get a final answr to whats going on witht he missing stickers on the bezel and if it means used or what?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Bezel sticker Samsung please reply
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Bezel sticker Samsung please reply
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Conclusive...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 15, 2009 3:11 AM PST

Lascivious1,

The units received a firmware update, and yes the bezel stickers were pulled off in the process. I'm not sure why that is, but it was done by us in the process of updating televisions before they went into distribution.

If you're concerned about buying a new, refurbished or used model, I would definitely recommend considering a Samsung Authorized Reseller, which includes many of the "big box" stores, as well as Club stores, and their associated online stores.

There have been some instances where people have saved a lot of money price comparison shopping only to find that their "never heard of before" seller was selling refurbished units with no return policy and not disclosing the refurbished unit's 3-month warranty. (All of a sudden, saving $100.00 wasn't worth it). Naturally, we can't control that, which is why I recommend sticking with a reputable reseller.

If you are an online shopper, we have put together a logo for authorized resellers to use on their webiste, as well as a list of known online retailers that will conduct business accordingly.

http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmind/

Bezel sticker or no bezel sticker, you'll have some extra reassurance that you're not receiving questionable goods.

I hope this sheds some light on the process. We don't want you to receive used goods as new either. So we do what we can on our end to assure that.

--HDTech

Collapse -
8 series
by Lascivious1 / January 15, 2009 4:35 AM PST
In reply to: Conclusive...

that was for the 6 series tv's.

im concerned about the 8 series. if i were to purchase a 8 series the sticker should not be removed then since this tv did not need a firmware update, correct?

Collapse -
8 Series...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 15, 2009 3:07 PM PST
In reply to: 8 series

The 8-Series did have a firmware update, so it is entirely possible that the current inventory was updated before being released into distribution.

I'll check on that now and see if I can get an answer relatively quickly.

--HDTech

Collapse -
scratches
by Juspooped / January 16, 2009 5:40 AM PST
In reply to: 8 Series...

My 750 came with no stickers, and NO protective film on the frame. So, I have scratches on the frame where the styrofoam blocks made contact. It did have the large bag around the TV. Samsung needs to do better on this. In the first place, the plastic should not be so cheap and soft. And yes, mine was purchased at a very large retailer

Collapse -
juspooped
by Lascivious1 / January 16, 2009 8:06 AM PST
In reply to: scratches

i would bring it back now. i so want to get a 850 but things are looking very bad to me. what suks is the best prices are online and from what i been reading i cant trust $2k on a tv with a online purchase. the only thing i like about bestbuy is they have said i can open the box right there in the store before i leave. cause i told them if i dont see a sticker on the bezel or there is scratches on the screen and the correct packaging isnt int he box im gonna ask for them to bring out the next box.
which they said i can do.
its unfortunate that i have to pay $500 more for this service in store then take a chance and order online and pay $500 less. and not see whats in the box untill it hits my front door.

Collapse -
I hear you
by Juspooped / January 16, 2009 10:19 PM PST
In reply to: juspooped

For these big purchases, I prefer a local authorized retailer myself. I should call Samsung up and ask for a new bezel. I hate to return it, the rest of the TV is fine.

Collapse -
Online Retailers
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 18, 2009 5:29 AM PST
In reply to: juspooped

I've actually seen very superb customer service come from some of our Authorized Online Resellers.

I don't think I'll ever forget this post, where the service representative I spoke with allowed me to post his name and direct extention to specifically help out one of our forum members, and did so professionally and cheerfully:

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?forumID=146&threadID=322187&messageID=2938825&tag=forums06;posts#2938825

That said, I encourage you to do what you are most comfortable with.

--HDTech

Collapse -
TOO HD TECH
by Lascivious1 / January 18, 2009 9:02 AM PST
In reply to: Online Retailers

Not to knock ur post but we're talking about the difference between if we are purchasing a new or used model without our knowledge.

your post is about a guy that cant get US data. this situation is very different from what our problem would be.

i would bet that if i purchased a 46" 8 series from crutchfield and i recieved my product and certain packaging was missing or different then what is expected or there was scratches on the screen they would deny all responsability and say it is new and direct me to call you guys at Samsung. which im sure i would get no where.

This, is what im concerned about!

forgive me if i sound "$#@$#$%" i have nothing against Samsung in fact im in love from what i have seen and read about the tv's and plan to buy an 8 series very soon. from where and who i have no clue yet and im sure its what keeping me from getting this sale over with. i know the easy way out is to buy it from BestBuy but $500 more then whats posted online with free shpping just rattles my cage.

whats killing me is that from all the reading about the bezel sticker missing,scratches on the screen, and very misterous packaging. i have yet to see one post with a resolution,problem solved, or explanation why people are recieveing such issues which shouldnt be for +$2000

Collapse -
Right....
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 19, 2009 12:55 PM PST
In reply to: TOO HD TECH

Right.

I'm answering the question from the standpoint of consumer advocacy, probably more than I should be.

Scratches could happen as a result of rough handling, and shipping. We put very careful consideration on our packaging. That doesn't mean that poor shipping (out of our control in distribution) couldn't result in scratches, but it DOES mean that we did our part to avoid such damage as much as possible. If you're not happy with the conditionn you received your product from your retailer, you should address it with the retailer.

We're talking a mere smattering of products out of X million products. I can't possibly account for that and difinitively answer. But I believe that many of the issues people see are a result of the previous issue that I did openly address here, and the answer actually produced several satisfactory comments. If it's different than what I posted, I dont know, and I can't find out because it probably happened out of our control; and exactly the reason why you should address it with the retailer.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?