Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Cameras forum

General discussion

BEWARE OF BROADWAY PHOTO

by adam3195 / January 10, 2007 10:16 AM PST

A note of warning to all. Broadway Photo is a deceptive advertiser, is guilty of bait and switch big time and did not ship what I ordered. They then treat you like crap when you call, will not refund shipping and will charge you a restocking fee of 5% for sending back a "gray market" camera that was not what you ordered. Incredible that thugs like this continue to do business. I should have been more diligent in checking out their ratings. At reseller.com they rate 0.8 out of 10. Be fore warned, DO NOT TRUST THESE BANDITOS. Pass it on. Boycotting businesses like this is one way to slow them down.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BEWARE OF BROADWAY PHOTO
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BEWARE OF BROADWAY PHOTO
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
NOT ONLY B/WAY PHOTO BEWARE OF THESE STORES TOO!!!!!!
by Gadget_rookie / January 10, 2007 9:48 PM PST

I'm trying to get a Nikon D40, and all the following sites have very convenient prices:

http://www.bestpricecameras.com
http://www.usaphotonation.com
http://www.ccicameracity.com
http://www.wisetronics.com

the thing is they are selling the camera kits without everyting on it but they don't say that in their websites.... I ordered or trying to order from them and they called me to confirm my order and said that the kit I choose doesn't have the battery and the charger and they can sell them to me at "special price", llike the double of the market. And when you try to buy only that kit (camera and lens only) they just hung up or tell you that the D40 is backordered.

I know they want to compensate the low price of the camera with the accesories, but why the put someting in a website if they don't have the intention of sell it.

As per Nikon website the Nikon D40 Kit, has everyting you need but the memory card, because is an entry level DSLR. So I can imagine that the accesories these stores they are putting on the camera are not the best quality in order to have more profit.

I was just trying to save a few bucks, but honestly I lean my lesson with this scammers.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THIS SITES!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
Yes, Broadway photo (bwayphoto.com) is a SCAM!!!
by dsmoeller / June 13, 2007 2:48 AM PDT

Yes, Broadway Photo is a SCAM!!! Luckily I backed out of the deal before I ended up regretting it after the fact. They APPEAR to have CHEAP prices...but the reason is because they have gray market products...and then try to talk you into upgrades at exhorbitant prices for "add-ons" that come standard at legit establishments (retail, Amazon.com, etc...). When I questioned their fraudulent advertising, the salesman simply (and quickly) offered to cancel my order. When I asked for an explanation to understand where it identifies the camera I was ordering as after-market he took off talking so fast I couldn't understand anything he was saying and he wouldn't stop talking so I could ask questions.

Simply stated...DO NOT BUY FROM BROADWAY PHOTO!!!

Collapse -
In case anyone might be interested...
by KeithA39 / June 13, 2007 6:20 AM PDT
Collapse -
My close call with Prestigecamera.com (Broadway Photo)
by fisch79 / June 28, 2007 3:33 PM PDT

Just like alot of other people out there, when i'm looking for electronics online it takes me several days to search for the lowest price possible. I had came across prestigecamera.com, which seemed to e a very well designed site and easy to come navigate. So unfortunately I found the Canon A570-SI for 174.00 (one heck of a price). So I had placed an order for the camera and I recieved a nice email saying my order was being processed, but asking me to call to verify my order. I did not like that message about asking me to verify, so I became suspicious. After doing google searches about the site I noticed that there seemed to be 90% negative comments about the company. About 10% of the comments were positive comments, I believe those were the companies own employees' comments, yeah how clever. The "Better Business Bureau" website basically explained that the Broadway Photo websites are scams.

So two days after I ordered my camera online. I noticed that my AMX credit card still was not charged. I assumed they still were waiting for me to call so they could upsale me on a crap load of unneccessary accessories. Well I did not call them first.

I immediately called American Express first and had them cancel my credit card and send me new one (no charge), since prestigecamera did not process the transaction yet (but they had my AMX info!!).

Then I called prestigecamera customer support (not the sales #) and cancelled my order. The support representative was very quick when cancelling my order. I was off the phone in seconds. I seemed to have a not so bad experience with the person on the other end of the phone like other people have experienced.

Finally, I decided to purchase the camera on Newegg.com and spend the few extra bucks ($15) ... It's always well worth it.. We all have to learn our lesson somehow.

Collapse -
Reafirm:DO NOT buy from BROADWAY PHOTO
by akadventure / October 16, 2008 6:02 AM PDT

Add my recent Broadway Photo experience to purchase a camera at a 'great price' to the list of potential scammed buyers and scam attempts. This is a SEVERE BAIT & SWITCH and SCAM OPERATION. You're better off sticking with name brand sellers that are qualified for and maintain Amazon accounts. Amazon marketplace so far does a good job of policing merchants.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!