Question

Better Overall Camcorder: Flip Ultra HD or Samsung - HMX-H3

I dont want to spend more than $300 on a camcorder and ive seen lots of tests from these two camcorders and i was wondering what you all thought. Or if there was another camcorder out there better than these two and under $300. Which is the better of these two though?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Better Overall Camcorder: Flip Ultra HD or Samsung - HMX-H3
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Better Overall Camcorder: Flip Ultra HD or Samsung - HMX-H3
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Typo up there in the Title.

I meant Samsung HMX-H300

- Collapse -
Need more detail.

While the Flip gets my nod for "getting it right" for the user experience, you may have more requirements than the cost.

- Collapse -
More detail:

I'm looking more for making high quality looking videos for youtube. and short films as well. So something with great video/audio quality, under $300, and easy to hold/maneuver. Let me know if you need any other information Happy Thanks

- Collapse -
Nod again to the Flip HD.

I see them on Amazon.com but I can only guess if you haven't used one or have some requirement like low light that we have discussed before.
Bob

- Collapse -
With your favorite browser

and search engine, consider searching "cisco flip".

- Collapse -
thats another thing i forgot

Low light is a must for me because I would like to film lots of stuff at night.
from what I've seen, the H300 is great with low light, but I want to know if its the best for undder$ 300

- Collapse -
At 300 there are no low light cameras.

Good thing you revealed that!
Bob

- Collapse -
but

The samsung h300 is under$ 300 and does great I low light. Does that mean h300 is the best camera for under$ 300? Or are there better ones?

- Collapse -
That's news.

Sounds like that's what you should buy. But my definition of low light is places where the humans see ok and the camera does not. Humans do much better than the 300 buck cameras.
Bob

- Collapse -
i agree

Yeah, i think i'll be getting that one.
But are there any certain cameras under maybe $400 that surpass this one?

- Collapse -
From my experience.

Nothing really works well in low light except film cameras with suitable sized lens. When we moved to digital or electronic sensors we lost the film possible sensitivity and it's been a gradual improvement in this area. As time passed we see better and better except in this sub 500 range. There it's all about price.

Have you played with a Canon G12?
Bob

CNET Forums