Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Beta Preview

Well, I guess I don't mind the color change except for that HUMONGOUS black area at the top of every page. Very distracting and annoying...I don't like that part.

Also missing the "post 6 out of 20" count in each response. I liked that feature and hope it doesn't disappear.

The buttons are sorta fuzzy and still green, too.

What does everyone else think?

Cindi

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Beta Preview
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Beta Preview
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I like the colors better...

In reply to: Beta Preview

And I agree with you that it would be a mistake not to add the thread/post numbering system.

The black Video banner at the top doesn't bother me as long as they don't continue using that advertising bar they had been running across the middle of the tree view in some threads.

One thing I hate, is the adverts that creep down from the top as you view a thread. Hopefully the bigger video bar at the top will persuade them to stop using that annoying advert method.

Collapse -
if you use Firefox

Collapse -
Thanks.

In reply to: if you use Firefox

I will explore that later!

Cindi

Collapse -
Hey Jonah...

In reply to: if you use Firefox

Do you mean the slim bar flashes and turns to a large bar, or the other way around? Does it consistently occur or just once in a while? It doesn't happen here and I'm wondering why.

John

Collapse -
flashing *now theres a thought*

In reply to: Hey Jonah...

it flashes slim for a split second as the page comes up, then comes back slim for about 1, maybe 2 seconds, as the page fully loads then disappears completely

jonah

XP pro-sp2
Firefox 2

Collapse -
(NT) I don't see what ya'll are talking about.

Collapse -
Some screenshots...

In reply to: I don't see what ya'll are talking about.

Members are randomly being selected the view/test the new beta Cnet websites. news.cnet.com, reviews.cnet.com, forums.cnet.com, download.com, and cnettv.com are all being redesigned while the member profiles are being overhauled.

Here are a few screenshots for those who have yet to be invited:
http://www.freewebs.com/johnwilkinson/Cnet%5FSite%5FScreenshots/Forum%20Feedback.png
http://www.freewebs.com/johnwilkinson/Cnet%5FSite%5FScreenshots/Forum%20Mainpage.png
http://www.freewebs.com/johnwilkinson/Cnet%5FSite%5FScreenshots/Forum%20Thread.png

Those are after my modifications, but you get the idea.

John

Collapse -
Thanks. I was just getting used to this one though.

In reply to: Some screenshots...

Wink
Collapse -
I like it, except for...

In reply to: Some screenshots...

...that "black bar" area others have noted. I like the way the CNET loga and bar is set up, but the bar needs to be a different color or maybe a faded black a bit lighter than the lower half. Does this change in appearance have anything to do with the CBS takeover?

Collapse -
It's possible...

In reply to: I like it, except for...

I know that they were exploring an update before the CBS deal, but it's possible the color scheme was chosen/changed based on the acquisition.

Note that the 'black bar' others have noted is a bit more pronounced by default. (Screenshot)

John

Collapse -
I liked the thinner black line by itself.

In reply to: It's possible...

Definitely need to change the "black" if it also includes the area for the banner ad.

Collapse -
I Adblocked the big black bar in Firefox.

In reply to: I liked the thinner black line by itself.

And it turned it the same shade of grey as the sides...very acceptable.

I'm really liking this new color scheme. Now, if they'd just redo the buttons and emoticons. They are fuzzy and I keep wanting to clean my glasses! Wink

Cindi

Collapse -
I haven't noticed it, either.

In reply to: I don't see what ya'll are talking about.

I'm running FF3.

Collapse -
I like it

no problems so far

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.