General discussion

Best Website copier, Download, Offline browser software?

Best Website copier, Download, Offline browser software?

I want to know best software through which i can download all *.rar , *.mp3 ,*.flv or any other extension files. Software which can process the link and programmed links (in PHP ASP Java and flash links ) and download the specified files and queue them for further downloads or give me links of those files which ic an download and queue in IDM

Some website offline (like webcopier, Download extractor) works but it dont process the programmed links
Any software any one can suggest
Thank you for the suggestions in advance and ur time .

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Best Website copier, Download, Offline browser software?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Best Website copier, Download, Offline browser software?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Usually not possible.

Many web sites use server side scripts so you never can get it all. But let's say you want to copy your web site, why not ftp it out?
Bob

- Collapse -
ftp of website

ftp of general websites are generally locked with passwords

- Collapse -
Not here.

If it's my site, I use my password.

- Collapse -
Offline Explorer should help

Usually i use offline explorer pro from metaproducts.com for such tasks. Works even for scripted sites.

- Collapse -
Sorry I forget to tell why this rarely works.

Many sites today are dynamic or sit on top of active servers. Look up ASP:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.asp

Since the content and pages are created on the fly there is no downloader that will work with such a site.
Bob

- Collapse -
Offline explorer

R. Proffitt

I know many website use Database ASP .Net PHP SQL MysQL for creating dynamic pages is it possible but all use HTTP protocol and create on a fly a dynamic HTML page to display and all HTML pages have HTML links or scripted links to download they dont give direct access to FTP.

Is the any software which first create a dynamic page in Memory (in temp background) and picks all HTML or scripted links behind the scene and process it and then find the the download links in the pages sub pages and sub sub pages and create a list or queue for the same and download it

There are many website offline browsers and link leeches available which can grab and process links if any one can find which is best and good for this work

- Collapse -
Why not go and try yourself ...

which one you find best and good for this work? It's an interesting experiment.

Kees

- Collapse -
metaproducts offline explorer

Could you please give me an address of website for a test? It is interesting to try offline explorer with it. Thanks!

- Collapse -
Sorry but there is no good solution for ASP sites.

For example those that change the pages based on time of day, weather, user's replies and more. No web copier known could reach behind the scenes and grab it all and then you would need a web server to run that server side code.

Web copying of STATIC CONTENT does work and you've found that. I noted that for modern sites it's a dead idea.
Bob

- Collapse -
ASP sites - downloading

Yes, after downloading you will have static copy of the site. However all forums, comments, etc. should be present in the offline version.

I also use Offline Explorer and it supports ASP.NET sites with their weird method to link via forms and __doPostBack links.

CNET Forums

Forum Info