General discussion

Best video converter

Hi, I need a video converter that converts from mp4 to avi so that i can email a movie. I found most just allow 20mbs. The movie is 30 minutes and I reduced it from 2gb to 1 gb, but I have to get it down a lot lower than that! I downloaded a couple of programs and can't get it any lower. BTW, I'm trying to email to an individual.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Best video converter
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Best video converter
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
So you're looking for the worst video converter.

Quality is related to size: the bigger the file, the better the quality. And there is kind of a minimual acceptable size. And for a 30 minutes video that's so big that most mail providers won't accept it as an attachment. And if it's 10 MB or so, that's equivalent to 100 pics at Internet quality.

Time to go and search for alternatives. There are many file sharing services that let you put a (big) file onto them and your friend read them. To name only two: dropbox and yousendit.

Kees

- Collapse -
Re Snail mail

Thanks, That's just what I did! With today's technology you would think......

CNET Forums

Forum Info