Phones forum

General discussion

Best Verizon flip phone for hands-free driving?

by CaveCanem / December 17, 2004 1:02 PM PST

What is the best Verizon flip/clamshell phone for hands-free driving?

Thanks!

J.T.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best Verizon flip phone for hands-free driving?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best Verizon flip phone for hands-free driving?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Verizon WIreless Flip Phones
by blademan2cool / December 18, 2004 8:49 AM PST

Hey!! I think that the best Verizon Wireless cell phone that has the best hands-free driving capability is pretty much all of the phones. Cause you can get headphones for every phone unless if you don't want to have that, then there is several phones that have speaker phone. My phone has speaker phone and that is my most used feature of my phone besides my camera on there. But I mean that is up to you. Some of the phones have BlueTooth which is wireless technology if you don't know what it is, and you can get a wireless headset, which instead of having those long cords down the sides of you body or whatever. I also have that capability on my phone. Bluetooth. I have one of those wireless headsets, and they are really nice. I love them .

I hope that I have helped you out and I hope that you can use this info to help you decide. If you need more info, just e-mail me. If you don't know, you can get my e-mail address from my user profile.

Good Luck!!!

Collapse -
Seeking Phone Advice!
by CaveCanem / December 18, 2004 12:48 PM PST

Adam,

Here's the situation, I am switching from Sprint to Verizon. The current phone is a brick, and was nothing but a PITA. I was hoping to find a good Hands-Free flip phone for a real basic America's Choice plan, probably the 400 plan for a year. Unfortunately, It also needs to be analog capable, our cottage is in the hinterlands of Michigan. So I guess these are some of the requirements I am looking for:

Hands-Free
Tri-mode
Speakerphone
Good Battery-Life
Small

A Bluetooth headset would be great, but the only Analog capable phone with Bluetooth that I saw in the PhoneScoop.com PhoneFinder was the Motorola V710.

What phone do you have?

Thanks!

J.T.

Collapse -
re: Seeking phone advice
by Wilt / June 18, 2005 12:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Seeking Phone Advice!

Hands-Free
Tri-mode
Speakerphone
Good Battery-Life
Small

My Motorola V60s, purchased from Verizon for about $50, has all those features! Just go to the Verizon store, browse the feature list cards in front of the displays, and choose. That is exactly how I found the features I wanted! I don't think Verizon offers V60s any longer (I got mine a whole 1.5 years ago!) but you should easily be able to find a suitable phone.

Collapse -
RE: seeking cell phone advice
by thebillnanny / June 20, 2005 3:41 AM PDT

Look at the LG VX6100- really nice phone! Also has camera. It replaced the LG VX6000 which Consumer Reports and this site admired! The LG VX6100 has the speakerphone function, which is a nice quality one plus the TRI-MODE. Verizon has pretty much eliminated analog so an ALL-Digital phone is fine in most areas, in this case if you want to look at an ALL-DIGITAL then look at the LG VX4500- this one has been out awhile and a true trooper phone! This is lower cost as it does not have the camera. The Samsung phones like the LG phones perform well on Verizon's network. If you want more info please feel free to email me!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?