PC Hardware forum

Question

Best tv for a computer monitor

I would like to buy a tv for a computer monitor in order to save both space and money (it would also be the tv.) What is the best size for using both pc-gaming, general use, xbox gaming, and Kinect gaming. viewing distance for pc use would be around 4 feet.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best tv for a computer monitor
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best tv for a computer monitor
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Not possible.

In reply to: Best tv for a computer monitor

You have personal choices such as antiglare or not, if you like the color or not and so on. And you didn't tell much about the PC and it's video output capability. For example those netbooks rarely play video on the big screen.

Try this. Go shopping, find models you like, in the price you like (it's a big world so prices are not possible to meet in the forum) and then short list a few for the members to comment on.

Extended warranties are a good idea. Costco was great about that.
Bob

Collapse -
More specs...

In reply to: Not possible.

I don't care about color... The pc has hdmi and VGA...I waz looking at a vizio in my price range... its 42 in. would using it within 7 feet percent any problems... Its 120 mhz.... 1080p and plenty of ports.

Collapse -
Keyboards, mice and displays and more.

In reply to: More specs...

Are personal choices. You can find the discussions about brands easily enough but Vizio has had some dozen or maybe more 42 inch models so without a year and model number I could not see if any review was unkind.

Why not get that detail, head to google and see what the reviews write?

As to 7 feet your cable length should not be a problem.

---> But here's a common complaint. Folk often misunderstand what the 120Hz means. It does not mean you can feed it some 120Hz video signal.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.