Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Best spyware and adware removers, plus more!

Hi Everyone,

I use the following programs:

Firewall:
Zonealarm (free)

Antispyware and adware (real-time):
Spywareblaster & SpywareGuard

Antispyware and adware removers:
Spybot and Ad-aware

Anti-virus: AVG-Anti-virus (free)

Disk Cleaners:
GenDiskCleaner,Ccleaner, and Windows Disk cleaner.

Other: CW Shredder:

I use Zonealarm,AVG-antivirus,SpywareGuard,Spywareblaster, and Spybot's teatimer and bad download blocker.

Is this enough to keep me protected?? or do i need more?

Thanks,

Spunky.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best spyware and adware removers, plus more!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best spyware and adware removers, plus more!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Too Many Anti-Spyware(s)

In reply to: Best spyware and adware removers, plus more!

Hi Josh,

Well dont you think you have got many Anti-Spyware(s).
Once I had a customer who was having 6 Anti-Spyware(s) but no Firewall.I just recommend you to have Giant Anti-Spyware [Now Microsoft Anti-Spyware(Real Time Alert) ].

And You have made the best choice in selecting Zone Alarm FW and AVG AV. /* Free Software(s) */

I recently installed Ccleaner..Its a great software deleting the Temp files of Firefox,Opera which I often use in substitute to IE. It also shows up how much disk space it has released.

And I recommend you all to use Tune up Utilities 2004 provided you have Win xp to experience the beauty of this software.

Regards,
Suhail Ahmed

Collapse -
too many antispywares??

Ummmm, SpywareGuard & Spywareblaster are made by the same author, and people are always saying to have both.

SpywareGuard and Spywareblaster and (real-time) protection shields, that blocks spyware before it installs, and they both don't run scans, they just BLOCK.

Spybot and Ad-aware are opposite. They scan for spyware and adaware in your computer, and remove them if found.

Thats why i have 4. SpywareGuard and Spywareblaster (for shields) and spybot and adware (for scanning)

Is that a good enough reason to keep these??

by the way, MS anti-spyware does alert you, and so does SpywareGuard.

MS caused me problems, and it is really good :(( I really liked that program.

Collapse -
a request to #josh

could you please remove the # from your logon name...
(it causes search to skip over your posts)

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.