TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

Best Samsung TV?

by suzie30 / November 5, 2013 6:04 AM PST

Hello everyone !

I come from Sweden and hope to get some tips from people more expert than I am Silly

For Xmas I am thinking of buying my boyfriend a new TV, and since he is a Samsung fan boy (except for phones, then it's Apple :p), it has to be a Samsung !

We already have one, tried to measure it, screen is about 99cm, so around 39 inches? It would be nice with a larger TV, but not huge either, since our living room is not that big.

Now, price is not really an issue, but I'd like to keep it within reasonable limits of course, around 2000/2500 dollars max.

I tried to look up by myself a little, but it gets very confusing very fast with 3D, smart TV, smart interaction, UHD, etc....

Now obviously I would like the new TV to be an upgrade image-wise (which shouldn't be hard, current TV is about 7 years old), but also to be a little interactive, so I like the smart TVs, but not sure if smart interaction/UHD is really necessary? And how useful/good are the smart TV to use?

We use the TV mainly, well to watch TV (via a box) Silly But we do connect it to the computer and/or DVD player to watch movies, and we have a Wii, as well as a sound system. So obviously all these still need to be able to be connected.

Well, just hope you guys can give me some nice tips Happy Thank you in advance !

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best Samsung TV?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best Samsung TV?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Are you in Sweden buying a HDTV or...
by Pepe7 / November 5, 2013 11:43 AM PST
In reply to: Best Samsung TV?

...in the U.S. buying an American version Samsung HDTV? The money would go further here of course buying American electronics vs purchasing them from a retailer in Lund or Malmo (LOL) Wink

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
For me the Smart TVs are a no sale.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 5, 2013 7:13 AM PST
In reply to: Best Samsung TV?

Well, that is I won't pay a dime for them. Let's take Samsung's PIA documented at
http://www.samsungadhub.com/pr/capabilities/smarttv/smarttv.do

Frankly with PIA the first thing I would do is not pay for that and the next is to turn it off.

Go for picture quality and for movies you may get the nod to Plasma. The Wii is a little worry as it is not full screen so I'd leave it on your old set.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.