Question

Best Router Option For Home + Pool

We have a house where the wireless router is on the first floor of our home. I need to maximize the connection vertically as well as horizontally. On the third floor, we have our media room with a Blu-ray player that we use for streaming Netflix. Also, I would guess just short of 200 feet from the router is our pool. The current router isn't the best, and it doesn't even reach to the pool. My question is what kind of router would be able to support this kind of use, and would it be wise to purchase a repeater to work in conjunction with it? Any help is greatly appreciated - if you need further information, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

-dcpierce

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Best Router Option For Home + Pool
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Best Router Option For Home + Pool
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Best would be more than one wifi access point.

Only the new to networking folk will try this with one router or search for the best router. At 200 feet you are at the limit of what you expect to work well. If you have line of sight without too many neighbors it my be OK if you put the wifi access point up on the second floor window facing that direction. The second floor also makes it more central to the rest of the house.

After that I test for coverage and then add more routers as access points.

Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Best Router Option For Home

Actually, with the 200 feet you are at the limit of of access so that not able to get the expect to work well. Moreover, second floor also makes it more central to the rest of the house.

CNET Forums