Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Best Program To Fix Javascript Errors

by slushmanjim / December 31, 2010 12:04 AM PST

What is the best program to fix javascript errors? Getting alot of json undefined errors on different sites. Running windows xp and ie 8.

Thanks,

Jim

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best Program To Fix Javascript Errors
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best Program To Fix Javascript Errors
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: javascript errors
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 31, 2010 12:27 AM PST

Things to try:
1. Visit that sime sites on another PC. Any errors?
2. Visit that some sites in another browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, try all 3). What happens?
3. Visit that same sites in all three browser in a new Windows account. What happens?

Javascript errors can be caused by:
- errors in the javascript program - you can't do anything about that
- any security software you run blocking references to sites or even changing the javascript; varies from Norton to NoScript (FireFox add-on) - then change the security settings
- corrupted javascript engine in the browser - then reinstall the browser

Kees

Collapse -
thanks Kees
by slushmanjim / December 31, 2010 6:05 AM PST
In reply to: Re: javascript errors

it doesn't happen on my other computers running the same browser, etc. It just started a few days ago. I have already reloaded ie 8 again. I run the same security, etc. on all my computers. Any other ideas.

Thanks

Collapse -
As Bob said below:
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 1, 2011 10:26 PM PST
In reply to: thanks Kees

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced and set IE to not report such errors. That could well be the default setting, by the way, that somehow got changed.

Kees

Collapse -
So far
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 31, 2010 10:22 AM PST

We can set IE to ignore as well as not report such script errors but in 99.99% of the cases the author must correct the issue in their code.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.