General discussion

Best Online Storage?

Hi, I'm getting into photography and am looking for an online photo storage service, preferably unlimited. Can anyone recommend any?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Best Online Storage?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Best Online Storage?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Don't you have a hard disk and DVD burner yourself?

Why store somewhere else?

Kees

- Collapse -
Good point

Haven't thought about the DVD aspect, good point, thanks.

- Collapse -
We keep copies on Memory sticks

You know the ones that came with the camera. This works pretty well and is good insurance against computer problems, DVDs work pretty well also. We considered on line but because of the expense we drop it. Some places do this for free in limited amounts. You can up load them to Flickr and mark them as private to insure your privacy or as public and show your work to the world. There are things you can do to protect them. We use double and triple redundancy to protect them. In other words we protect them in many ways with several forms of back up.

- Collapse -
Storage file and backup online

I use memopal for storage and backup file. It's simple and powerful.
they gime me 250gb of space online^^
The service is professional and they rispect your privacy (it's important for me)
Moreover the file during the process of transfer is encrypting and so protected^^
the backup online of my files is istant and continuos.
I tried first the trial edition for 7 days and then I bought it.
Now I use it since two months and i'm satisfied^^

bye

- Collapse -
Free Online Storage

Free solution is QDrive.net

Not unlimited storage, but 1GB. which is enough for part of your photos that you need to keep safe outside of your house / computer.

They offer 999mb file upload sizes, and SSL Encryption standard. Most sites charge you for those options. Also they offer paid subscriptions which offer you much more storage.

link - https://www.qdrive.net

- Collapse -
I know one

try iforem.com. it is the best service i ever came across

- Collapse -
Unlimited Online Storage

I have used P2E's online storage. They mostly serve business's but thier prices are very affordable and the storage looks just like a hard drive on your computer. Makes transfering and copying files from one directory to another very easy.

Hope it helps.

www.p2escan.com/onlinestorage.aspx

CNET Forums

Forum Info