General discussion

Best Online Jobs For A Student

I am a student and I was wondering what kind of stuff I could do online for a little extra money. I understand things like ebay would probably be the most profitable, but what else would there be to do? Thanks in advanced.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Best Online Jobs For A Student
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Best Online Jobs For A Student
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
To ramon9456: post deleted

Sorry, but you're not the only one advertising this commission site. And such (rather massive) advertising isn't allowed by the forum policies.

It would be interesting if you told us the details of the offer, because all those nice home-pages I saw don't tell anything concrete. I got the impression it's either a pyramid scheme or selling of part-time ownership of appartments on nice tropical islands. Things I didn't like:
- the need to invest $ 3000 to start with
- the combination of "we're starting this summer" and "we're having thousands of partners already making money" (or words like that)

I'll delete any post that links to that website, so be sure to explain the scheme without telling the url or other information that's too easy to follow.

Kees

- Collapse -
Your Skills

The trick is to find out what you are good at. What knowledge to you have or what do you enjoy doing?

Once you figure this out, you can look for ways to earn money. There are surveys out there that people take and earn points that can be exchanged for gift cards or cash. I have made about $80 off of one of them...in the last 3 years. Another one I have probably earned $200-300 in gift cards from various businesses...in the last 4 years. Not a ton of money in any sense, but if you stay on top of it and are in their demographic, you might earn faster. A nice dinner out at Red Lobster as a student might be nice.

The other thing you might be able to do, not really online, but sign up to be a secret shopper. You don't make a ton of money here either, but you can usually eat for free or get some free merchandise.

For any of the above never pay anyone for the opportunity. If they really need you, they aren't going to charge you.

Another thing you can do is build a website based around your hobby and then sell advertising or join affiliate programs to advertise on it. I have a wedding website that I just set-up a couple of weeks ago and have already made $150 on it. Again, not alot of money, but every little bit helps when you are a student.

CNET Forums

Forum Info