Praise

Best New Web Browser

Recently I have come across several web browsers that look like great alternatives to Internet Explorer.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Best New Web Browser
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Best New Web Browser
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
One problem with Maxthon.

It was based on IE and suffered from the same exploits. It's best we not repeat the same mistakes.

You see folk try to talk it up but it suffers from the same flaw as MyIE2.

Until you see them shake off IE, avoid it.
Bob

- Collapse -
maxthon

Maxthon is basiclly IE, I dont know why they dont just upgrade to webkit.

- Collapse -
Maxthon 3 is basically AppleWebkit, not IE

Do you homework. Maxthon 3 uses AppleWebkit. It is not "basically IE". What nonsense.

- Collapse -
Nice move.

Too bad the old version stood on top of that older thing.

Thanks for the update. I'll look again.
Bob

- Collapse -
Firefox 5 beta

Firefox 5 beta Wink

- Collapse -
Firefox is still best overall

Firefox 4 is very close to the speed of Google Chrome and is much more CSS compliant. I test lots of browsers in my development work. Firefox is more standards compliant and functional by far than the other browsers.

- Collapse -
Update: Safari MP3 streaming OK on Mac, not Windows/Linux
"Safari is a joke. It is the only major browser released since 2006 that still does not work with common flash-based streaming MP3 players."
------------------------------------------------------
Apparently, Apple fixed Safari for the Mac.
Apple Safari still does not support streaming MP3 players on Windows or Linux.
- Collapse -
A joke.

Do you know what I use Safari for? It's seems that many have forgotten how to pick the right tool for the job.

You have choices, make them but there is something which you will use safari for. Let's see if you know it.
Bob

- Collapse -
Re: Best New Web Browser

Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox works really better for me. Happy

CNET Forums