Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

best mp3/video player

by paulXcore / October 24, 2005 10:06 AM PDT

Hey everyone, I just have a quick question. The ipod video is coming out at a local store tomorrow and I just want to know if it?s really worth the 300 dollar price tag. I really want a good media player that has the best of worlds, a good video and mp3 player. Do any of you have any suggestions of any other mp3/video players for around the same price tag?
Thanks in advance.

#Paul

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: best mp3/video player
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: best mp3/video player
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Best mp3/video device
by ishbuggy / October 25, 2005 7:08 AM PDT
In reply to: best mp3/video player

I do not own it yet, but based on all the info I have gathered, the Archos AV500 is the best PVP on the market. It is better than the ipod because it has a bigger screen, better battery life and you can record straight from your TV very easliy with the TV Pod. You can Also buy a cool little camera for it that records video or stills.

Collapse -
i agree
by scottwb555 / November 9, 2005 10:31 AM PST
In reply to: Best mp3/video device

ive been researching on and off for a month and i think that the av500 is the best also.

Collapse -
Archos AV420 is my suggestion
by Inspektah_Gadget / October 25, 2005 8:46 AM PDT

Get the best with your money! CNET has a merchant that is selling it for about $350 so check it out.

Collapse -
Definitely Archos AV500!
by javojrg / October 25, 2005 2:31 PM PDT

As i posted before, Archos AV500 is around $500 but it has following advantages:
1. Huge screen for a portable (4").
2. It has Video recording capacity.
3. Directly connect storage devices through USB host.
4. A camera module will be available soon.
5. It has a removable battery
6. Max. resolution: 720x576 (DVD full res).
7. It has built a little speaker.
8. You can use AV500 remote from the couch.
8. Archos have been manufacturing PVPs since 4 years ago.

At the end, your decision will depend on your needs.
I hope it helps.

Javo

Collapse -
Depends on what you are wanting to do.....
by lauraruff / October 27, 2005 3:27 AM PDT

I am a Napster user and wanted a player that worked with Napster-to-Go....It's $14.95 a month subscription and I can download unlimited to a compatible device. I chose the Samsung Yepp-999 and I LOVE IT! Great player! So as long as I am a Napster subscriber, I can downloaded hundreds or thousands of songs every month. We have our own DJ business and this has worked great for parties and things like that because we can transfer tons of music to a playlist and just let it shuffle. If you are looking for a device just to really transfer your own collection to I would look at the IRiver PMP....You can record directly to the device from the TV or whatever and you can upload pictures directly from a digital camera.

Collapse -
IPOD VIDEO
by aptiger / November 8, 2005 3:23 PM PST

This player would be the best choice for you.. they are designed well and have all sort of acesories for it.. so take a closer look to IPOD VIDEO Black......

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.