going to be one that has a true 1080P screen. That will also be a bigger screen like 16" to 18.4" (Although Asus has a couple of 15.6" screens with true 1080p 1920x1080 res).
What laptop would you recommend for me given the following info.
I use the laptop for:
1. watching tv shows and movies, from online streaming sources as well as blue rays/regular dvds. Unless I'm flying, I usually connect my laptop to a high quality projector that projects the output onto a 100" screen and a sound receiver.
2. editing and storing home videos/photos
3. karaoke using the karafun program http://www.karafun.com/karaokeplayer/system-req.html
4. Home studio - with cubase Ai4, Sibelius 6, and a connection via firewire to my yamaha motif xs8 keyboard.
5. downloading music files.
7. watch movies on a plane about once a year
Because of the above, I was thinking (though if I'm wrong about this given my uses, feel free to correct me) I would want a laptop that played blue ray DVDs and had an HDMI connection. Preferred one with a firewire connection (needed for motif keyboard connection) and a slot for a camera card, but neither are absolutely necessary so long as I can insert an firewire card into the laptop. I would prefer a small/light laptop cause I will rarely use its screen all that much but it needs to be able to send an extremely high resolution image to a secondary monitor (my projector). Want good sound output as well as I'll primarily be using it for home theatre purposes.
Was hoping to spend $1000 or less but if you don't think I can get a decent laptop to meet the above needs, feel free to mention more expensive products.