General discussion

Best HDTV under $5000

If you had a budget of up to $5000 to buy a 55 inch TV
What would you buy and why?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Best HDTV under $5000
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Best HDTV under $5000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
LG 60PX950

I like the LG 60PX950 but the 4 star energy rating is the downside.
Great contrast, 600 hz and 60" to boot!

I don't think there is better! what do you think????

- Collapse -
That LG is mostly marketing hype

I'd suggest you do a side by side with a Panasonic TC-P65VT25 or TC-P58VT25.

- Collapse -
The best of best tv's... The V20/25 Panasonic

Your talking US $ right?

Really if I had $5k I would go with a PJ, an Epson 31000UB pro at $4.5k MSRP (released in Dec.) or wait a little for the price to come down & get the 61000UB pro (released in Dec.)

Back to the tv part, you do not need to spend $5k on a great in that size now days!!!! 3-4 years ago yes it would cost that much for that size, but not now days, that price you can get a great 65" panny & still save money.

54-55" tv's run from about $1400-$3500, most are around >$2k-$2.8k

Big price tag does not = great tv PQ

Last year I paid $1850 for my 54" Panasonic G10 1 month after it was 1st released & no LCD today can match it in PQ.

CNET Forums

Forum Info