General discussion

best HD Video Converter - from M2TS files?

I have bought a Panasonic HDC - TM70-K video camcorder. But sad to say that my Samsung LED HDTV Series 7 (B Series) does not support to play M2TS video files via USB / HDD plug and play. So I need to convert it into like MP4, AVI or WMW.

The problem is, I dont know what is the right HD Video Converter that I will gonna use so that I can still view it on my tv withouth loosing quality from the original raw AVCHD file (M2TS) converted to avi, mp4 or wmv HD video files.. can somebody help me with this? thank.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: best HD Video Converter - from M2TS files?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: best HD Video Converter - from M2TS files?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
HD Video

YOu may need to use HDMI if your camcorder and HDTV both support it. Aleesoft has a free converter that you probably can use but HD will probably overdrive the USB connection.

- Collapse -
HD Video Converter

so you are suggesting Aleesoft Video Converter? is it the best Video Converter?

- Collapse -
From the name ...

it seems one a family of videoconverters that's regularly spammed here. Most videoconverters are shareware. So download a few and use the trial period to experiment.

Kees

CNET Forums

Forum Info