Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Best graphic printer for my business?

by xileniux / December 14, 2008 12:07 PM PST

I sell personalized invitations and party favors, I bought a printer (Hp color laserjet 3600) months ago but I'm not 100% satisfy with it because the graphics look like pixelated even if a use a graphic in really high resolution , the colors don't look at all like the real colors in my design/proyect , I have to do 2 files one for my client to preview how it will their invitation/favor etc will look like when they are printer, and another one to print using lighter colors etc to make my printer print the colors I want.... as you can imagine this I do the job twice , and I'm tired of it , I'll LOVE to find a really good printer that prints at great resolution, that will print perfect graphics (pretty much the way I see them on my screen).
I cannot affort(yet) a proffesional printer like a imagePROGRAF iPF9100, but I'll like to buy something that graphic designer like me will use, you know we look at every single detail in our work once is printed.

I need help finding the right printer for my business so my clients and I will be happy with the results!

I can affort a printer that cost up to $1,000 (a little bit more)...
What are the best brands ? how can I choose the best printer for what I need?
I'll like to get a Laser printer because the "ink" last more than in a Inkjet printer. I cannot buy a inkjet printer for what I do because I print a lot of graphics/art work everyday so the ink will not last very long .

Anyone knows what are the best laser printers?

Thank you!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best graphic printer for my business?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best graphic printer for my business?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Best graphic printer for my business?
by jwbrav / January 8, 2009 4:28 AM PST

I too have a small graphic design business (invitations, business cards logo design etc...) and would greatly appreciate any answers to this e-mail. I currently have and HP 2605 and i constantly have issues with paper jams. They said it could handle cardstock, vellum, texture type paper and they were so wrong!

Collapse -
by dsdesignservice / March 11, 2009 3:43 AM PDT

When I started school for graphic design 4 year ago my instructor told us Epson was the best

Here a few:

Epson Stylus Photo R1900 Inkjet Printer

Stylus Photo R2880 Inkjet Printer

Epson Stylus Pro 3800, Photo Quality, Tabloid Size (17" Wide), Inkjet Printer

Stylus Pro 3800, Photo Quality, Tabloid Size (17" Wide), Inkjet Printer - Professional Edition

Collapse -
Stylus Epson 3800 pro
by Joey003 / March 27, 2010 4:46 PM PDT
In reply to: Epson

I was hoping that you would able to tell me if this printer would meet my requirements. I have a small business which is growing slowly. I need a printer that will print on bomboniere boxes, Chocolate Wrappers etc. I need the graphics to be very clear. Will this printer give me that of what I require? Thanks for taking the time to read my request.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks Jo.

Collapse -
Canon Fan
by 301x / April 13, 2010 8:55 PM PDT
In reply to: Stylus Epson 3800 pro

I started my business 4 yrs ago and bought a Canon MP830 all-in-one. It is great. Prints beautifully at high res, low res, everything inbetween. Basically no problems with paper jams or interface with other programs. I highly recommend Canon. All of the functions work beautifully from faxing, to printing, to reading digital camera memory, to copying and more. It has two paper trays (so you can load labels and regular paper for two different types of jobs). It is fairly hard on ink, though. The ink carts are just as much a rip off as anyone else's. But, that is life. The price is right.

I have had an HP (I had very bad luck with that one re: paper jams and not working with various programs), Epson (very good printer), Brother (took it back within 24 hrs). Got to say, Canon worked best for me.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?