Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Laptops forum

General discussion

Best gaming notebook under 2500.00

by travthemanv2 / August 8, 2005 2:13 PM PDT

I am looking for a laptop for college but I do a bunch of graphics intensive gaming like Battlefield 2, doom 3 ect.

The best buy that I have been able to find is the Gateway M680XL with

Intel

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
RE:
by damasta55r / August 8, 2005 4:23 PM PDT

Probably. Really no room in dorm for a desktop. sad. Oh well. You migh want to look at dell 9300, not sure if it'll be cheaper or not though.

ROger

Collapse -
the dell
by travthemanv2 / August 9, 2005 1:00 PM PDT
In reply to: RE:

Your right the dell machine is very similar and with the free printer it is tempting...

I guess my question was if I could find something with the same specs as the gateway or dell but cheaper. is there anything else out there?

Collapse -
dont buy warrantys from bestbuy
by The -e^(i*pi) / August 11, 2005 1:06 AM PDT

I was at bestbuy looking at stuff and read the warranty, their no-lemon policy is their out to providing reliable products. All they have to do is replace your computer with another one, probably as bad as the first if it fails 3 times, and the warranty is over.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!