Question

Best Gaming Laptops Under $1000

I am planning to to buy a gaming laptop in about two months. Which laptops do you guys suggest I buy? What are your thoughts about dell's G-Series?
GTX 1050TI and above and no Radeon please.

Post was last edited on May 6, 2018 8:36 PM PDT

Discussion is locked
Answer
Follow
Reply to: Best Gaming Laptops Under $1000
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Best Gaming Laptops Under $1000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
But what is best?

While there are go to models at the 1K mark and less, the Dell is indeed one of them.

What else matters other than price and GPU?

- Collapse -
Answer
Best Gaming Laptops Under $1000

I personally use Dell Inspiron i5577-7342BLK-PUS and I can play most of the games easily without any lagging issues. You can also look at Dell Inspiron i5577-7342BLK-PUS full HD gaming laptop.

- Collapse -
Older variant is great

I have an older model, i7559 and it's very reliable. Holding up strong after 3 years. I would say Dell makes very good value gaming laptops now for sub-$1k. You can probably get most modern titles to run smoothly with i5577 at medium and older games (Overwatch generation) at high.

- Collapse -
Answer
ASUS TUF FX504GE-ES72 - Best Gaming Laptop Under $1000

Go with ASUS TUF FX504GE-ES72 comes with 8th Gen Core i7 hexa-core processor and NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti graphics.

Listed #1 on a site.

Thanks,

Link removed by moderator.

Post was last edited on January 21, 2019 4:19 AM PST

- Collapse -
Answer
Acer Predator Helios 300

I know it's a tad over $1K, but my pick would be the Acer Predator Helios 300.
>15.6" FHD IPS 144Hz display
>Intel i7-8750H
>GTX 1060 6GB
>16GB DDR4 RAM
>256GB NVMe SSD
Currently retails for around $1200 on Amazon. Save up some more and go for the Predator.

- Collapse -
And that's the beast I'm on right now.

The 17 inch model as it is my desktop replacement.

CNET Forums