Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Best FM Transmitter for iPod

by gilbelocity / December 1, 2004 11:47 AM PST

Hey, I recently bought an Apple iPod with Dock Connector, but I need a good FM Transmitter. I heard Belkins has a little trouble with volume and fidelity. What's the best in audio quality, that's around fifty bucks?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best FM Transmitter for iPod
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best FM Transmitter for iPod
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
C. Crane FM Transmitter Is Powerful
by purplebird7 / January 18, 2005 3:58 AM PST

I bought an FM transmitter from C. Crane (ccraneco.com) and it is powerful enough to broadcast 20 feet horizontally and up through the floor of my basement into my living room. Actually, it could go farther.
Cost $60 (orphan department, returned merchandise) or $70 new. You get what you pay for. No distortion (if you watch out for the red clipping indicator on the unit) and no hum. I use it to broadcast audio streaming from my PC to my home stereo. It plugs into the audio card or speaker mini jack, but it would work the same way with an iPod. You probably would need a car adaptor kit for use with a car radio.

Collapse -
Reposted for sirk337: remarks on FM.
by Kees Bakker / February 15, 2008 6:50 AM PST

But I removed the link to his shop.
-------------------------------------

I talked to a rep at an Apple store awhile back about FM transmitters and he made a very valid point. He said that for those that live in real populated areas like Los Angeles, we are so congested with so many radio frequencies that no matter how good of a FM transmitter you get, you will never fully escape from static abruptions. Of course the quality of the FM transmitter will definitely help so don't go cheap.

With a budget of $50 I think that's good enough to get just about any reliable FM transmitter. Of course if you live in a real populated area then you might not want to spend more than that due to what was just mentioned.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?