General discussion

best digital camera for concerts

I'm looking for a digital camera (no more than $350) that would be suitable for taking photos at concerts,i'm tired of coming out with dark photos all the time Sad

-Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: best digital camera for concerts
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: best digital camera for concerts
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Concert Camera
- Collapse -
Fuji FinePix F30

I asked this question on all kinds of photography boards and got the same answer on every one, Fuji FinePix F30. I researched it and bought it on TheCameraBox.com for $313 total. Its a really great camera and small so its easy to sneak into shows when you need too. It has a manual mode so you can change settings when you need too. I was a little afraid of how the automatic mode would turn out because no one really mentioned it in the reviews I read and I knew I need a good automatic mode, and I'm not disappointed at all. The pictures turn out really great even on some of the lower resolutions. It works out really well in dark situations and the higher ISO's dont produce a lot of noise like with other cameras. I really love the flash boost thing (I forget the name of it) for when I'm farther from the stage. Overall I get really great pictures no matter what the shooting situation is. Hope this helps you outHappy

Tabitha xoxo

- Collapse -
Fuji FinePix F30

Thank you for your input,i appreciate it Happy

I don't want to be adjusting the settings manually cause i always end up screwing everything up,but you said the automatic modes are good so that's great.

CNET Forums