Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Cameras forum

General discussion

best digital camer for the money?

by biozero / March 2, 2007 9:43 AM PST

hi guys, i want to buy a new digital camera if is possible of this year 2007 release. Well i have $500 so, what recommendations of the best camera for the prices recommend?

I dont know much of camera so i really need help.

I will use the camera for landscape and to take picture of my girlfriend and friends.

Thank you so much.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: best digital camer for the money?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: best digital camer for the money?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I have a perfect camera for you.
by blackbird12435 / March 3, 2007 2:59 AM PST

This camera, the Canon a550, just came out last month (February). Reviews in cnet say it is a "an inexpensive camera, but effective. I have the older model, the a540, which came out last year. If you don't take alot of videos, the camera's AA batteries will last a long time. Please check the reviews on cnet. Hope this fits your usage.

Collapse -
a
by biozero / March 3, 2007 3:10 AM PST

i agree with you, the features of Canon a550 are greats, but unffortunely i dont like the desgin of that camera.

I was searching in the morning and i found the Panasonic Lumix fz250 (silver color) and i saw a few sample photo of the camera and are amazing! let me give you the link: http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM in some shop are $399 on the panasonic shop $650...unbelieve

Another camera that i have on mind is the Sony Cybershot H5, but dont take the same amazing photo that the panasonic.

excuse mine english, im spanish

Collapse -
Panasonic FZ250 ??????
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / March 3, 2007 6:04 AM PST
In reply to: a

I have never heard of a Panasonic FZ250...
I assume you mean the FZ50.

The street price on the FZ50 is between $500 and $600.

If you found an advertisement for $399 you should be very suspicious.
That price is too low and is probably from a "bait and switch" store.

Check out the store before placing an order.
If the website does not provide the physical address of the store
(street number/name and city),
run.....do not walk....to the nearest exit.

Some of these bait and switch stores only advertise so that they can get your credit card number. They then sell the card number overseas.
Be sure you know who you are ordering from.

If you don't know how to check out a store...
Post the name of the store on this forum and we will.

Collapse -
a
by biozero / March 3, 2007 2:31 PM PST
Collapse -
A suggestion for both links you listed...
by whizkid454 / March 3, 2007 10:20 PM PST
RUN, DO NOT WALK, AWAY FROM THOSE COMPANIES!!! Those companies have been known for scams and are "bait-and-switch" companies. Stay as far away as you can and don't get lured into the traps!
Collapse -
WOW! - Talk About Bad News
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / March 3, 2007 11:38 PM PST

WiseTronics is another bait and switch operation located in Brooklyn.

Resellerratings.com rates it very low.
On a scale from zero to 10 (10 being the highest),
WiseTronics rates between zero and one for the past 6 months.

Read what reselleratings has to say:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Wisetronics

If you want to get a look at WiseTronics store,
click the link below and scroll way down till you find photo #201.

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/

Collapse -
a
by biozero / March 4, 2007 12:54 AM PST

guys you saved my life!, thank you so much

Collapse -
Fujifilm F30 or F31fd
by brucehjohnsonataoldotcom / March 4, 2007 12:57 PM PST

Hi...I don't know if you've decided on what camera you're going to buy yet, but I have a few recommendations. I've recently bought a Fujifilm F31fd and absolutely love the camera. CNET doesn't have it rated, since it's very new and basically the same as the F30, which they do have reviewed. The only difference between the F30 and the F31fd is that the F31fd has the addition of Face detection as well as a few menu changes and styling changes. The reason I'm recommending these cameras is because you can take pictures at very high ISOs and get excellent results. Normally, shooting at anything over ISO 200 or 400 is risky, but with either of these cameras, I'm very comfortable shooting up to ISO 800 without seeing hardly any image "noise". The sensitivity rages up to 3200, but you don't want to be using those extremely high ISOs unless if it's for an emergency. The cameras are 6.3 megapixels, but who really needs more than that? Either of these cameras are capable of producing astounding photos. They also have a lot of options and settings to fool around with, such as aperature and shutter priority. I highly recommend going to the website below and reading the entire review. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I am currently an electronics sales professional at Sears.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf30/page12.asp

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!