General discussion

Best Cheap Used Net Phone for Virgin Mobile?

I'm switching from verizon to virgin to get unlimited everything and 300 mins monthly for $25. I thought I could just get one of those $80 used droids off ebay and connect it. I called virgin 3 times to get a clear answer on which phones could be used on their service-the 1st time i was blatantly lied too, the lady told me i MUST buy a brand new phone THROUGH virgin in order to utalize the $25 a month plan as if it were a catch to the bargain. I called back again, got a different person ,who told me it could be any phone as long as it's compatable, third call, I found out that it has to be a virgin phone new/used because virgin doesn't use sims cards. Anyway, so what's a good smart/net phone I could use with virgin hopefully used for under $80? I NEED the following features:

-decent like 2MP or more photo and camcorder THAT CAN BE UPLOADED TO COMPUTER, not stuck in phone forever.

-1G or more mp3 player, hopefully with standard 1/8 inch headphone jack so don't need adapter to use headhones

-3 inch or so screen, not a small flip phone

-prefer not a touch screen as i don't like anything that fragile on me always to worry about breaking

-can run youtube

-has a GPS like for driving directions unless this is an app for any phone

I never had a smart/net phone, so please suggest anything else you think i might really want in the phone.
thank you very much

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Best Cheap Used Net Phone for Virgin Mobile?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Best Cheap Used Net Phone for Virgin Mobile?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Today, in the USA, I see no smart phone plan for 25 a month.

About as close as I get is Cricket in San Diego but they don't have that in all states I hear.

Let's hope others find out if there is such a plan.
Bob

- Collapse -
bump

thanks
well smart phone plan or whatever it is, want cheap phone with capabilities listed, thankss

- Collapse -
As close as I find such

Is a droid from cricket. But the plans change so fast that I dare not write what it was last month.
Bob

- Collapse -
bump

smart phone plan or whatever it is, I want a cheap used phone with the listed capabilities. thankss

- Collapse -
nevermind. thanks anyway

suprisingly, the 4 ones suggested/listed on virgin's webiste are basically all i could find used on ebay with the features i want. i originally thought these were the latest phones and i could find something older with slighly less features for a much lower price used. Just to clarify, the phone must have a virgin emblem on it for the $25 beyond talk unlimited everything 300 talk mins plan. however lg101 phone won't work but it's a very basic phone

CNET Forums

Forum Info