Phones forum

General discussion

Best bluetooth headset for a Samsung a900 from sprint

by annabel hampson / June 17, 2006 2:45 AM PDT

I have a samsung a900 and I'm currently using a motorola HS850 headset and i'm fairly disapointed with it. What headset would be better for it?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best bluetooth headset for a Samsung a900 from sprint
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best bluetooth headset for a Samsung a900 from sprint
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung A900 BEST bluetooth
by pipian10 / June 27, 2006 7:16 AM PDT

I also have the Samsung A900 and I have the Motorola H700 bluetooth headset. I am disappointed because I have so much static. I can have the phone right next to the headset and still have a lot of static.
I would like to know if anyone has found a better bluetooth headset for this phone?

Collapse -
It's not the headset!!!
by Kingmoonraiser / July 19, 2006 1:20 AM PDT

I recently returned the A900 for the same reason.
I tried 3 different headsets and they all had the same problem. I got the A920 with the same headset and no problem. Other than that I loved the phones fit and feel, but i got it for the bluetooth.

Collapse -
Bluetooth Headset does not work on Samsung A900 phone
by jwilks45 / July 25, 2006 3:42 PM PDT

Does anyone know what kind of bluetooth headset works for Samsung A900 phone. I tried three different type of bluetooth without luck. It has noice or beeping sound during conversion. I have Motorola Motorazr H3, Motorola HS820 and Jabra BT500. None of them work!

Does anyone know what type of bluetooth headset will work?

Brian

Collapse -
Bluetooth Update
by annabel hampson / July 25, 2006 11:35 PM PDT

OK, I have had the Motorola HS850 and that worked a little and it was only good to use for a call but I couldn't end, make or voice dial, and it would cut me off. I then got a Sony Ericsson from Sprint and was assured that it would work well, it did for 3 days and then it went into pairing mode and would not come out of pairing mode. The next one I got was a Bluespoon AX2. I'll say that this is the coolest headset I have ever owned. It was small and light and fit in my ear well, but 9 times out of 10 it would beep every 3 seconds during a call and everything for no reason at all, but I tried 3 of them because I liked it so much. My next adventure was a Plantronics Explorer 320 which worked well but it was really really staticy. I am now using a Motorola H700 and it has given me a little trouble because it has come unpaired twice, but it was an easy fix, and it seems to have good sound with little static. So far this one is the best for me, but another A900 would probably have a problem with the same headset. What I have found is if you love the phone try every headset you can and just return the ones that don't work right and go to another.

Collapse -
jabra bt350 works pretty good for me.
by sp01ud23 / July 26, 2006 5:38 AM PDT
In reply to: Bluetooth Update

I have been using the Jabra BT350 for about a month now. Overall it works okay. Sound is clear, battery life is good. It's a little floppy on the ear at times. More volume would be nice. The first couple of weeks it became unpaired about every other day. After learning more about the rebooting procedure from Jabra help desk, I have determined that it has to do with losing signal. I'm not sure if that's the 900's fault or the 350. I now keep the headset close to the phone when not in use and have not become unpaired in 2 weeks use. I really like using the voice command to call contacts with when driving.

Collapse -
blue tooth
by boritaino / September 22, 2006 1:30 AM PDT

the samsung wep 200 works fine w/ my a-900 very compatible

Collapse -
its not the phone
by boritaino / September 22, 2006 1:36 AM PDT

you should have tried the samsung wep200 works fine w/the a900 same manufacturer as the phone

Collapse -
A900 bluetooth
by pipian10 / July 26, 2006 12:28 AM PDT

I tried a Motorola H700 with my A900 and got horrible static. I was going to try the H850 but heard alot of problems with that also. I am now going to try the Plantronics 645 or 640. I will post my results.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!