Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Bennigan's, Steak & Ale, CLOSED.

Bankruptcy, chapter 7, which is sell everything and pay pennies on the dollar to creditors, shareholders in the holding company probably walk away with nothing. Google news.

Turns out the ONLY remaining Bennigan's in the whole state of Maryland is right up the road from us, so we stopped by there tonight to eat.

All company owned Bennigans have closed their doors, suddenly, some people only discovered today they were out of a job. Some of the fewer franchised Bennigan's such as near me are still in business, for now. Obviously the business plan for those franchisees will be changing in some manner in the near future.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Bennigan's, Steak & Ale, CLOSED.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Bennigan's, Steak & Ale, CLOSED.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
While I feel bad for the people who lost their jobs...

In reply to: Bennigan's, Steak & Ale, CLOSED.

...I can't say I'll miss the restaurants. Bennigan's was the very definition of a generic chain restaurant. Nothing interesting or compelling about their menu at all. We only ate there when circumstance left us with little or no other choice. It was just a step above Denny's in my book.

Collapse -
I agree

In reply to: While I feel bad for the people who lost their jobs...

I went there for the first time in years to see if I'd been missing something. Not really. The Outback is much better, so is Applebee's. It seems they concentrated most on "atmosphere" and not enough on the menu items.

Collapse -
Figures

Nothing more than starting off point for the evneing. Never was anything special about them and usually there's another similar operation down the road. As far as I know, the food wasn't bad but not great either. the liquor was OK, but again that's not the main reason to stop there for me and friends. As letting go the employees w/o any prior notice seems like SOP, I'm afraid. -----Willy

Collapse -
Both of them closed here

....... at least 10 years ago.

The full service chains still operating that were open when they were:

Red Lobster, Chilis, Fridays, Longhorn , Outback, O'Charley's, Olive Garden.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
I still miss my Po' Folks.

In reply to: Both of them closed here

When I'm down in Florida I stop by Po' Folks, since there are some still there. One in St. Pete I go to and another in Panama City when I'm there. Chicken fried steak, white gravy, fried breaded okra, brewed tea in a mason or ball jar, yum.

Collapse -
I don't know why it closed here.

In reply to: I still miss my Po' Folks.

it was very popular.

But for "good eatin" the Cracker Barrel is still tops. They serve the beans and corn bread, pork chops, etc. But their gravy and biscuits are to die for! A real treat is the breakfast menu.

I don't know it there are any in your area, but you should make it a point to stop at one on your way south, Especially at breakfast. Happy

It was born locally.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.