Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Belkin USB2.0 Flash Drive Password Protection

by Hour_House / February 2, 2006 4:42 AM PST

Hi,

Ive just purchased a Belkin 128Mb Flash Drive model no: F5U126ea128MB

The Drive states it has password protection but when i connect it i find neither that or any instructions inside the box on how to password protect the drive.

I tried to get to the FAQ on the belkin website but every time i tried it just said the page cannot be displayed.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Belkin USB2.0 Flash Drive Password Protection
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Belkin USB2.0 Flash Drive Password Protection
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Any help please????????
by Hour_House / February 3, 2006 4:10 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) No???
by Hour_House / February 5, 2006 11:44 PM PST
Collapse -
Sorry, don't own that one.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 5, 2006 11:54 PM PST
In reply to: (NT) No???

But given my experience with Belkin routers, my Belkin Bluetooth key and such, I won't be buying their memory key unless it was priced at a point I couldn't say no.

-> More to your issue. I couldn't find any document to help you out.

That's a sign.

Bob

Collapse -
Hi Bob,
by Hour_House / February 7, 2006 12:05 AM PST

yeah i use to always believe belkin to be a good manufacture but now i am having a problem with the usb flash key drive and a mate's belkin wireless router.

I don't think i will be buying anymore belkin.

Thanks Anyway Bob

Andrew

Collapse -
About that router...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 7, 2006 12:17 AM PST
In reply to: Hi Bob,

The issue I had was eventually cured by a firmware update by Belkin.

Tell more and maybe I know the workaround.

Bob

Collapse -
Hi bob....
by Hour_House / February 8, 2006 12:00 AM PST
In reply to: About that router...

Well i can connect to the router but i cannot access the configuration utility by typing in an ip address in my web browser.

I have tried pinging the router but all i get is "request timed out".

I have tried this on about 2 PCs and a Mac and still cannot access the configuration utility.

Thanks

Andrew

Collapse -
Try another browser.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 8, 2006 2:02 AM PST
In reply to: Hi bob....

Also, you may have firewalled off the router page?

Bob

Collapse -
A little more detail please.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 8, 2006 2:28 AM PST
In reply to: Hi bob....

Is the router working? If not, check the device for a reset button or how to reset it to factory defaults and try again.

Bob

Collapse -
Hiya bob...
by Hour_House / February 9, 2006 12:25 AM PST

The routers definitely working and it shows a connection on port one. I have tried disabling firewalls but to no avail.

Thanks

Andrew

Collapse -
The ping.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 9, 2006 12:30 AM PST
In reply to: Hiya bob...

What firewall? Some like Zonealarm have no true disable. I end up uninstalling them, running WINSOCKXPFIX to undo the damage.

Bob

Collapse -
Sounds interesting.....
by Hour_House / February 10, 2006 12:01 AM PST
In reply to: The ping.

Hi again Bob,

On my personal computer i run zone alarm but on my mates we completely uninstalled his firewall and were still faced with the same problem so i don't think it is being blocked by the firewall.

Thanks

Andrew

Collapse -
If ping fails... Some routers can drop ping.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 10, 2006 12:11 AM PST

It's a feature in one of it's setup menus.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) How do you mean drop ping???
by Hour_House / February 10, 2006 6:34 PM PST
Collapse -
It's a term.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 10, 2006 10:44 PM PST

How about "ignore ping?"

Collapse -
Belkin F5U126ea256MB software CD
by sjp30 / March 4, 2006 12:13 AM PST

Hi.I have just recently bought a Belkin 256MB Flash Drive F5U126ea256MB.I installed it to check it worked then un-installed it (as I was going to format PC), however my nephew decided to play frisbee with the CD and has accidently smashed it to pieces.The disk contains the drivers and the password protection software which I now desperately need! If anyone has a spare copy of the password disk or know of anywhere I can get one then I would be grateful if they could let me know.It's the really small disk which is smashed.Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

Collapse -
That last
by Themisive / March 4, 2006 12:19 AM PST

Sounds like a case for getting on to Belkin, explain what happened and they should let you have a spare, in fact, if you write to them, you could try putting the bits of the broken disk in with the letter, they'd soon get the idea.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.